The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72" 125g and already have a 2.5" Regal Tang and want one more Tang in my tank.

What Tang do you think I should get next?
I want to spend no more than $50.00

Here's a FTS of my tank.

This shot was when I was using the light fixture temporarily until I got my canopy done. Which is done now and on the tank and in it is 4-48" T5HO with individual reflectors & 2-72" VHO

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe a Powder Blue Tang?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Id go with one of the zebrascoma species like like a yellow or purple. Achilles, powder blue and other Acanthurus tangs are much less hardy. Some more rock would not be a bad idea either.

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
The sailfin tang is an attractive fish that can be purchsed around $50. (as mentioned by chris above) Also, a hardy tang that is very active and not too aggressive is the naso tang. I had one for 9 yrs and loved it.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Personally, I'm fond of the Pacific Blue Tang (Dory) but as mentioned above, I'd be hard pressed to find any tang for under $50 around here.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,657 Posts
I love Powder blues, and Powder browns :)

My sailfin is also a great fish,.. seeing it stop and throw up that huge fin is always entertaining :)

I agree,.. I think you should pickup some LR before you get too many more fish,... if they don't have hiding places they tend to get testy.

Whiskey

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like my tank with less rock and more room for corals and for fish to swim. My Regal Tang likes the openness but there is enough crevices and caves for it to hit too.

·
Just Another Reefer
581 Posts
You may need more rock if you have two tangs.

Hiding spots for the new tang will decrease stress and allow it to acclimate easier.

JMO

Doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that you have many choices to choose from. I know it might seem like i am new because i just got on here. But i have 4 years of experience. But i think there could be a lot of possibilities for you.
1. Sailfin Tang ( These are great fish)
2. Chocolate Tang
3. Yellow Tang
4. Purple Tang
5. Tomini Tang
I mean there is lots more that you can get for under 50 bucks but i think these would be great choices for you.

·
I <3 Fishies
1,271 Posts
I think that you have many choices to choose from. I know it might seem like i am new because i just got on here. But i have 4 years of experience. But i think there could be a lot of possibilities for you.
1. Sailfin Tang ( These are great fish)
2. Chocolate Tang
3. Yellow Tang
4. Purple Tang
5. Tomini Tang
I mean there is lots more that you can get for under 50 bucks but i think these would be great choices for you.
what would you recommend for me...i have a 55g w/ 2 damsels... a 2stripe and a 3 stripe 1 adult hermit, 1 juvi engineer goby,and a condy anemone?

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
what would you recommend for me...i have a 55g w/ 2 damsels... a 2stripe and a 3 stripe 1 adult hermit, 1 juvi engineer goby,and a condy anemone?
As far as a tang is concerned? Don't take this wrong, but, a bigger tank. A 55 is pushing the very limits on swimming room for tangs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts