The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 90 gallon bare bottom tank, mostly sps. Currently I have a false perc and a royal gramma. I had a regal blue tang but he died a few months ago. Anyone have suggestions for reef safe fish? I was thinking of a yellow tang, another clown, blue chromis, cardinal fish. Ideas?

·
spsaddict
941 Posts
how about a blenny or a fairy wrasse of some sort also what price range are u looking at

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do foxfaces need alot of algae growth in the tank? I guess I should also say that I'm looking for a small fish if possible. Thanks for the recommendations so far, some of those are exotic, I have to look them up! And that means they are probably not available at my LFS :mad:

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Fairy wrasse (reef safe, needs no sand bed)
Blenny (lawnmower, bi-color)
Another percula

If you consider a flame hawkfish, you will not be able to add any shrimp or crabs with the hawkfish as he will eat them all.

HHC

·
Mommy Mod
5,294 Posts
I like the midas blenny - I mean comeon every tank needs a blenny - they are just so funny! and the midas lends a beautiful color to the tank... plus those pretty blue eyes... listen to me....

the purple fire fish is nice for color

clown gobies are cute and very small... but if breeding will tear a spot of your sps away to lay eggs... so... yeah... not sure how much damage and IF it would do it if not breeding...

flame hawk! LOVE those for a splash of red!

yashie goby... a friend just gave me one - small and cute

can you see i have a thing for fish with personality

for color - you can't beat anthias, but I think you are looking for smaller fish than that.

·
Sir Master Deuter the 3rd
722 Posts
My vote is for a Clown Tang or a Lion Fish!!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts