The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i love inverts more than fish, some people say i am crazy but i like the creepy crawly things in my tank. Right now i have some blue leg hermits, a serpent star, many Astraea snails, Feather duster, coral banded shrimp.

What other inverts would be good to add to my 72gallon reef?

Right now i have 6 fish:
Chevron Tang
Tomato Clown
Dotty Back
Flame Hawk
2 Yellow Watchman Gobies

Right now i have 9 different corals:
Yellow Polyps
Kenya Tree Coral
Green Mushroom Coral
Orange Monti Cap
Green Monti Cap
Green Star Polyps
Orange Zoes
Blue Zoes
Gorgonians

I have a pacific coast 1/10HP chiller hooked to my tank so it stays a constant 80 degrees. My salinity is constant at 1.025, Am-0, Nitrite-0, Nitrate-0, Ca-425, dKH-9.6, pH-8.32, Phosphates-0

I have 4x110 VHO bulbs on my tank. I will be replacing all the bulbs within the next month. I will also be adding 2 MaxiJet 1200 to my tank for flow. After getting the maxijet pumps i plan to mod them both one day for even more flow.

So my real question is what i have now what other inverts would be a good addition to the tank?? I have been looking at the Nudibranch to add to my tank. I would like to hear other suggestions on inverts that would be good for my tank.

Pics of my tank can be seen on my website. I know i need to update the pics on the site. The corals dont look like that anymore they have grown a lot since those pics.

Thanks for your time and replies!!!
Tim

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I love the coco worms but have heard they are hard to keep. But you know what your doing far better than me! I have a sally light foot she reminds me of spiders and I'm probly one of few females that like em. Oh and I saw mine chowing down on aiptasia. Good girl. Fighting conches? Woulnt trust any other shrimp with the cb. Lobsters are cool but are they safe with your other inverts? Just a few ideas.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
oh, and I have a Pom Pom Crab that's very unique. I'm still trying to get a picture of him, for everyone

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
nudi's are tough. not sure there is one that you can keep without loosing something else, mainly a coral or two and or making your tank an algae farm. nudi's are such specific feeders and voracious at that.

see if you can hunt yourself down a chiton.

i know there are others, but can am drawing a blank right now. :(

G~

·
Electrical G "EE" k
456 Posts
The Conch's are great! I have one and sometimes he comes up to the top of the tank and spits water at anyone that walks past and stares. Its really funny!

·
Registered
851 Posts
How about a skunk cleaner shrimp? I know CB shrimp are agressive, but in a 72 I would think they could steer clear of eachother.

I have a purple reef lobster that i've had about 5 months. He's really cool and keeps to himself. Never bothers any of my fish, corals or other inverts.

Maybe a couple emerald crabs?

·
11,345 Posts
Geoff said:
see if you can hunt yourself down a chiton.

G~
Tim, i have some chitons in one of my tanks you can have if you want. You cant have my mack daddy lavender one but you can have however many of the other ones i can find in areasonable amount of time. Theyre pretty tough little critters.......We coul probably get away with shipping by rail to save some money:rolleyes: .............................I also have a fairly large banded serpent star that would be much happier in a system that the owner actually fed...............I also have 6 large tonga nassarius snails.....all fo these items are free for the taking..............I will say with a straight face those tongas ARE the most beautiful snails.........pleasant and docile.....NO...but beautiful definitely

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am looking at the Conch's they seem like they would be cool. I think what Powerman says would be cool looking.

Stang- I am staying away from cleaner shrimp i have had two total in my tank with the coral banded and they both had died within 24 hours :( Now for the emerald crabs i like those!!!

Chris- I have been thinking about the cuke because they look cool to me.

Flyguy- Thanks for the offer i am funny about things like that i prefer to buy local. Corals on the other hand i will buy online but fish and inverts i like to buy local.

Also open for more suggestions please tell me them i most likely wont get anything for about a month.

Tim

·
11,345 Posts
No problem Tim, Like i said, i dont feed a lot and i have quite a few animals and fish i have acquired that are just hanging in a quarantine tank that i am looking for a good home for.

I think im the only reefer in bend as any ads i have placed locally for anything reef related dont even get responded to, whether im trying to sell it or give it away.

Not so funny thing about those tonga nassarius snails is that i bought them last year when i ddint know any better. I cant count how many times i have watched them suck the life out of my astreas.....i dont know why i cant bring myself to just kill them......i guess becasue I did order them and they are beautiful.......

·
Registered
524 Posts
Fly Guy said:
Not so funny thing about those tonga nassarius snails is that i bought them last year when i ddint know any better. I cant count how many times i have watched them suck the life out of my astreas.....i dont know why i cant bring myself to just kill them......i guess becasue I did order them and they are beautiful.......
I have like 60 nass. snails. Are there different kinds or are they all tonga? What's the difference?

Personally my favorite are the strombus snails.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts