The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I <3 Fishies
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sun Coral,shrooms,zoos,xinia
I currently have shrooms total of 3 different types 2 came as HH(hitch hikers) I might have a zoo clony which has'nt opened up yet. How long do they take to open up? Last time i read don't you have to target feed suns? Also is xinia xenia?

·
I <3 Fishies
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So are you running 2 15 watt NO (normal output) fluorescent bulbs? Or 2 of the bulbs you linked to? There is a big difference.
2 15 watt blubs

if you can keep your nutrient levels super duper low, you can keep a fair number of different corals in low light besides only shrooms, and zoos.

sun corals are not photosynthetic, they are predatory, just to clarify.

G~
and when you referr to levels are speaking of nitrates calcium etc etc?

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
phosphates mainly. nitrates to some extent, but phosphates are the big one. you can keep SPS corals under NO bulbs if the amount of phosphates in the water column is as close to absolute zero as you can get. the depth that some of our corals come from is so deep that the light they see is even less than that of a NO bulb. the lower range for photosynthesis in corals is considered 650ft. the corals use various methods to provide themselves with the necessary energy and building blocks to perform photosynthesis even at these extreme depths.

G~

·
Registered
215 Posts
hey

Any idea on how long it take to open up?disregard message
the zoos? My first like 30 head tiny colony didnt open like at all the first day. Every day I either saw more heads opening or different heads openning then the previous day. after about a week only about 15 heads have opened.

·
I <3 Fishies
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update i have recently purchase a t5 2x54w fixture with individual reflectors...can i get some coral recommendations that will trive with this type of lighting?
Also thank you for info blackwaterMerk they have all open up now...main thing that was the light...i had to move the zoos to the top of tank before light upgrade to get them to open!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts