The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can tell me what this is. It comes from the Florida Keys and has two really nice (one red and one green/yellow) christmas tree worms on it.

In the dark it is a pale pink and it turns a reddish/orange under the lights. It sheds a slime coat about once every 5 days.

What is it? Good/Bad?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Spanky - yes it is hard and I can't tell if it stings. Of course no stealing from the keys! Actually I was down there a few months ago and was impressed and happy to see that things are improving. Its nice to see that strong regulations agains "reef raping" are paying off. We snorkled off Islamorada and there was more action than I have seen down there in the past. Some really nice patches filling in. I remember when there was literally nothing in areas. In 1995 I snorkled the Red Sea in Israel.....I can only dream that one day our keys will look like that. So for now it is the LFS and hopefully some friends with frags that will stock my coral supply. (Are there ever South Florida meetings???)

Thanks for the ID. I also thought Fire Coral (I matched it in a book) but wasn't sure.

Is it really agressive to its neighbors? Should I worry?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts