The Reef Tank banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our birds have been bringing Spring in with many little cheeper! 11 baby Canaries, 3 Pacific Parrotlets, and 8 baby Rosy Bourke's with a new clutch on the way! I am hand-feeding the parrotlets (4 x day) since they were 15 days old, and they are doing great! For those who replied to the incubator/brooder thread, I found a "clear brooder" made by a local bird breeder. It has a variable speed fan, keeps the temp within a couple degrees of the dial setting, and is very convenient with a cig-lighter power connector for the car and a converter to plug into outlets. (Thanks CyberChef (Don) and Rick (?) for your responses on that thread!)

All this, the graduation photo/video montages I've been doing for clients, and wedding video editing is why I've been "absent" and only able to check in from time to time. I've sure missed you all!

Here is a portrait of the little parrotlets, taken yesterday morning:

Attachments

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are Kilroy's babies -- having a picnic on the bed! Kilroy is a Rosy Bourke's parakeet (Australia) and we thought she was a boy when Steve named her. She's 2-1/2 yrs old and we got her when she as 8 wks old. This is the first Spring that she's had babies.:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Well, ain't you the birdie baby factory , Shirley!:funny:
if i could convince Blyth the Kilroy's color was "coral"(just realized the double meaning on that ,LOL) she could be talked into yet another bird in da house. Coral is her fav color,,,,

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, they ARE coral in color! Just keep talkin' to her. They are the best-kept secret in pet birds...quiet, non-aggressive, friendly, not at all like parakeets, I could go on.

These are all flighted and zoom all around the room, then land for a picnic on the towel!

~ Shirley :D

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
They are beautiful! I'd never seen them before until you started posting pics, Shirley.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Man this thread is for the birds!!:rolleyes:

What you going to do with all the new feather additions in your home?

Very beautiful birds Shirley!!:)

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
ShirleyM said:
Thank you, Johhny!
I'm keeping all three Parrotlets. I waited two years for their parents to "do something"!

I'm keeping one Bourke's, one or two canaries, and the rest are for sale. I've already sold 6.

~ Shirley:)
BTW Shirley,,the wife passed on the Bourke's
(as the rest were screaming,,,) enuf birds now,,,,:( :(

·
Super Moderator
28,204 Posts
Oh Wow, Shirley! I'm late in getting to this thread, but here I am to enjoy it :)

My house has been far too silent with no bird sounds since my cockatiel died in September.

Maybe I should consider a Rosy Bourke. Just how quiet are they anyway?

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Cath,

I'm so sorry to hear your cockatiel died!

Rosy Bourke's are very quiet and not like parakeets at all. If you like, I'll email you some info I wrote on them for people who are considering having one.

If you were closer.....these are just adorable and so tame!
Check this out - This is a 3-mo-old baby that I'm keeping.
3 mo.-old Rosy Bourke's Parakeet

~ Shirley:)

·
Super Moderator
28,204 Posts
Awww.. what a cutie. I'll have to consider a bird like that. I need something else in the house.

When Topper died, my sister was so very kind. She lives here in town, but she mailed me just the right kind of card..Since Topper could sing the opening of Beethoven's 5th symphony, so Bobbi sent me a card and wrote out that phrase :)

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Cath, a shame you are not closer,,,,
i have two cockatiels that i would probably give ya
one's a egg laying female,,other's a male,,,
hmmmm,oughta put em together in da same cage,,,:idea:
na,,, just remembered the the no more birds thing,,,,,,:(

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Dunno Doug, do they make you look older or do you make the lil' ones look younger? LOL j/k
a nice trio o' cuties,,,,:beer: :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.