The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About once a week I do an algae scrape and every two weeks do a 20% water change, check my numbers, sand siphon, equipment clean and rock blow. I'd like to start testing my water once a week just to be sure.

Everyday I check temp, Salinity (top offs if I need to) and inspect any creatures for changes.

What do you guys do and if you do something on a daily basis what is it?

· Reefaholic
2,738 Posts
I clean the glass with a mag-float once a day and a light feeding. Also checking on livestock. 10% water change once a week siphoning my sump along with cleaning the skimmer. I change GFO and carbon every 4 weeks. Everything else I do as needed. I like to try and enjoy it more than I am working on it.

· Registered
2,240 Posts
I empty my skimmers collection cup every day, and add the same amount of salt water as was skimmed out with the wet skimming.

other than that I feed every day.

Glass needs cleaning roughly once a week.

I check nitrate and phosphate on mondays, calcium alkalinity and magnesium on tuesdays, and if I feel like it I test iodine, potassium, and iron on wednesdays.

I'll do a water change (roughly 15-30 percent usually) if my nitrate is above 3 ppm or so, which seems to keep my corals happiest.

I take a turkey baster to the rocks about once or twice a week, I then feed a little bit of blender mush which excites the skimmer and pulls out lots of detritus that's in the water column from the turkey bastering.

· Registered
125 Posts
I feed 3 times a day, anthias, one sheet of nori every other day.
Give my bubble count and effulent drip a quick visual everyday.

Empty/ clean skimmer cup/ neck every other day, add zeovit ammino every other day along with 1 drop of lugols

test ALK 1x a week, clean glass once a week.

test alk, cal, mag, n03, p04 1x every two weeks usually do a water change every two weeks as well as filling my ATO and add kalk to my kalk reactor

Run carbon for 48hrs 1x month

Clean/ vinegar soak pumps/ equipment every 3-6 months

add calcium reactor media/ refill Co2 as needed

Change bulbs every 9months

· Registered
8,342 Posts
A bit of of nori on tues, thurs and sat, feed everyday, ro/di topoff everyday, blow rocks out clean up detritus every sat, clean light splashguard once a month/as needed and temp anytime i look at the tank

Lately since i redid the flow in the tank, ive been using an airhose to siphon detritus out every other/third day, barebottom so i only take a cup or two of water out by doing this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.