The Reef Tank banner

What is your current groove?

64K views 1K replies 7 participants last post by  Doug1 
#1 ·
OK. I figured out what M'ville was. I heard the cool kids talking about it in the school yard and had to find out for myself.

I am a huge music fan and always on the look out for artists new to me or songs I forgot about. Let me know what you are listening to! There are some awesome characters on here so I figure the music is gonna be killer.

These pumped through the headphones this afternoon:

#67 ·
He is one that is hard to choose too. His live album in Australia is VERY good. Burn Down the Mission & Sixty Years on are deep in headphones territory.

Headphones - What are you guys listening on? I am at work so just the computer speakers. My office is just off receiving so I can make some noise without bothering anyone. If I am at home I am usually wearing headphones. I usually have Sennheiser 350BT's on. They have great sound and the over the ear headphone experience I grew up with. Good old massive Koss headphones in the 70's. The only issue I have is they don't go as loud as I would like at times due to the limited power available from the on board amp. I am looking for a good DAC and wired headphones.

#71 ·
I collected vinyl for years, from the late 60’s to mid 70’s, then I just got away from it, I had a huge collection, gave all to a good friend that to this day still collecting, he has a large room dedicated to it and also the largest CD collection.

I would spend my last dollar on an album back in the day. I also had this obsession with motor cycles, Harley Davidson throughout my life.
I have an obsessive, impulsive personality I guess.

#73 ·
I have a couple milk crates worth of albums left Vinnie. Many were lost or stolen, all are worn from heavy use. When my children were old enough I sat them down with headphones and an album to listen to it "IN ORDER - AS GOD INTENDED" not piece meal one at a time from various artist with no collaborating reference.

"Read the album cover front to back as it plays and find the images that tie into the songs" Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy was a good start for that.

Rush 2112 was the one that told the story followed by The Wall, and Often Alan Parsons I Robot.

#74 ·
This is as tough, or near on impossible for me, UNLESS the answer gives a whole new meaning to BIG BAND! 🤔 😁
'All star casts' in movies usually weren't all that, and can't picture an 'All Star Band' would hold the magic of the place they filled growing into our memories.

Of course my choice for drummer would be Mr. Watts.....(y)
Lead....🤔.....I'll go with a 'no brainer'....Eric Clapton......BUT, Mr. Garcia, and George Harrison would share the stage with him.
Bass, 🤔......well Paul McCartney of course, but James Jamerson, Bill Wyman, and Donald 'Duck' Dunn would be there assisting Paul.
Vocals.....NAH, wouldn't know where to begin...Paul and Eric, as well as Jerry would have a hot mike, but where would I begin to select a 'magical voice? Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Loretta Lynn, George Thorogood, Perry Como, Alvin-Simon-and Theodore......Some times it's not the voice that makes the song...it's the song that makes the voice. Whoever told Bruce Springsteen, or Joe Cocker they could sing...yet will go down in history as a great singers...... Nah, won't touch that slot.
Just some thoughts from someone who WON'T DO THIS FOR A LIVING. Probably gave this 3-4 hrs. of my morning coffee time already....time for SEND.
Hack

#75 ·
THANKS for jogging my memory Rick....
KEYBOARDS.....Elton, Freddy Mercury, Harry Connick Jr. would be battling up there..
Hack

#76 ·
OOOooohhhhhh once upon a time 'vinyl' was magic.....45's and 33's were my mainstay. Every cent I earned went to the music stores.
Nah.......just can't replace THAT. THOUGH don't get me wrong...CD's and the clarity of the music is tops.....but pulling a 45 out of it's paper sleeve, or opening an album cover and THAT smell.....no, that's magical
Hack

#78 ·
......My 'album' collection was decidedly Elton John heavy....and Good Bey Yellow Brick Road was primo!
But me think'eth , Don't Shoot Me, I'm only the piano player got worn out and replaced the most.
Hack