The Reef Tank banner
601 - 620 of 664 Posts

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
Of ALL of my favorite Stones songs, this is always at the top'ish of my list......

And since I'm indecisive with #1 according to my mood, I have to include.....

Now Ya went and got me started....
Hack

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
When the shindig has gone into the evening, bonfire's taking care of itself, ........and everyone is wondering how we should usher in the hot summer evening. People have walked past the instruments through the day......shyly touching this or that, but too afraid to take the next step......

There is no better ice breaker for me than THIS.......

I'll discretely, ever so gently in the back ground just start playing behind the enjoyable conversations.....not trying to get attention.....just a sound in the back ground.....hardly noticeable above the laughter......THEN OUT OF NO WHERE I go into this.
If me trying to pull off a soulful, heart felt, gritty Joe Cocker doesn't give someone the courage to jump up and pick up a guitar or pick up a set of sticks......or see what the keyboard is all about....NOTHING WILL!

TRHANK YOU JOE......
Hack

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
........YEAH......went out to the music room with excited hopes......big sigh.....BIGGER SIGH.......

Started out there singing Joe Cocker.......opened the curtains, and after I lifted my jaws and hopes up off the ground this song popped into my head.....

It's like walking into a pub the morning after a particularly groovy night the night before there......expecting to see 'ghosts of the fun evening'.....never there. Opened the music room up for the first time this year, and remembered all the fantastic evenings in there from last year......big sigh.....dust, cob webs......the cleaning that lies ahead....BIGGER SIGH again.....

drug a lot of stuff out other that the amps and drum kit and key board to sweep the floor.....have to take that first step.....
Wood Floor Landscape Gas Grass

Road hard and put away wet.....

yeah, but that first step is now behind us, and grooviness lies ahead! :giggle:
Hack

601 - 620 of 664 Posts