The Reef Tank banner
181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
The problem with Stairway to heaven is it's been so over played here in the US, I usually skip over it.
"And if you listen very hard,
The tune will come to you at last"

True Vinnie. It is a song you need actually to listen to to enjoy. It makes poor background music.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
......Excuse me Led, move it over......

"Ry, there is only one song like that. It is always slow danced to - even as the tempo increases. It is ALWAYS played last. Do you, or do you not have head phones?"
I feel the same way about THIS.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
TIME......Yeah I'll freely admit 'The Dark Side of the Moon' album was a treasured part of my record collection back in the day. But if it was say to be released today, it wouldn't have near the effect on me, and probably most.....as it was a 'mental trip' listening to it, and the days of experimental chemistry as it were has left me. 🤔 😁 NO really.....I'm this goofy and strange now naturally.
Hack
("Really, REALLY like this new format as often as I forget to hit SEND......back in the old days I'd have to suck it up and re-type the whole schmiel, and for the most part it would come out much shorter. NOW, with a little this n that, I can find it, and hit SEND.")

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Most of us on this thread freely admit to our 'eclectic' tastes in music.....and believe the older we get the more 'eclectic' those tastes become......just a deeper pool to choose from.

I can't go through a day without some song, liked or loathed, popping into my head and hanging around all day.....it just goes along with the constant ringing.

I grew up listening to my Parents music.....Big Band, the 'crooners.....Sinatra, Martin, Bing' and the easy to listen to music of a by gone era. Then the time came to 'choose my own music' and became filled with rock.....from 'bubble gum rock' to the Stones, Beatles, The Who, Essex......

And I find there's times and places now in my life where I let one or the other run free.....And my Family, especially our Son shares my tastes. In a day to day setting, if Nate and I are out for a Father Son day, or a Family game night, or lounging out in the yard/pool during a summer's day ....Early rock rules.....and both have almost identical selections on our phones...'SPOTIFY' that we throw on the car stereo thingy. BUT on a weekend lounging around the house, or a holiday....we instantly go for the Big Bands/early music. Hack, Nate, says the music always reminds him of a holiday.....me being home, and the Family being together....real 'comfort' music.

See what 3 cups of coffee will do on a day off....
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
You aren't wrong Hack. I have always found it interesting...You mentioned "bubble Gum music" and the Beatles who are in some minds the greatest band to ever play a note. I would put Love Me Do and I Wanna Hold Your Hand as some hard core bubble gum music but then they transitioned into A Day in the Life and Eleanor Rigby. Fascinating to follow the progression of their music.

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
I grew up with the Beatles music among other groups, I love the Beatles but hardly listen to them. I rather listen to The Rolling Stones , and even groups like Pink Floyd I have heard so often I usually don’t listen to them. The problem is you just hear the same stuff over and over on the radio stations. An example is you have people or groups who have recorded 100’s of songs and all you here are the same two or three songs over and over and very seldom any of the other great stuff.
In the 60’s and early 70’s we had what they called underground stations that played a wilder variety of stuff. Even some of the station at universities played better music and better variety.

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
The only time I saw Roy Buchanan was at Filmore it great show. He closed with Sweet Dreams and they had a film montage of Patsy Cline worked into the light show. It was so awesome I can still see and hear in my head

181 - 200 of 223 Posts