The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

Administrator
OOhhhhhhh this is going to be soooooo cool!

Here's a few starters while I watch these grilled cheese disappear.

Keep the groove going Folks!
Hack

Administrator
SORRY, but......
馃榿
Hack

Administrator
PINK FLOYD! Now the sleeves get rolled up......
Hack

Administrator
Welcome to the new face of Fridays at TRT! 馃憤 馃榿
Hack

Administrator
Ohhhhhh so torn between leading off with ....

....or.....
Hack

Administrator
You trouble maker.....I can be down here like, forever, going down memory lane. I love music!

I was raised with Big Band and swing by my parents.....and as I was still a youngster, I discovered my older Brother's 45's, and was hooked on early 60's music, and that grew from there. As I was a teen, and of course into pop rock, and the AM stations.....late high school I discovered the FM band.....oooooooo, a whole new world. Granted it was the early on up 70's and I was no angel, so the music seemed to fit...Thus Pink Floyd's Dark side of the moon actually made sense then. 馃 馃榿
But I made it through those times just groovy.....now that I'm the head of the household of my own 'Ozzie and Hariet' household, my Son, Hack, shares my eclectic taste in music with Jen and I. We alternate who's phone we listen to.

Hack

Administrator
Monterey Pop Festival? 馃槸
Hack

Administrator
I see we all unplugged our record players for the night about the same time.
I was called to the poker table, where, I actually had a winning night......Hack, and Jen usually clean my clock early on. But last night there we both pinching eachother as the chips kept com'n 'to Daddy'. ?

THIS was a way cool idea Rick! (y):cool:

I had soooooo many songs cued up, and just waiting in line for the perfect opportunity, and Y'All kept upping the anty.
Try real hard, but can anyone actually name 'Their favorite song'? I ain't even sure THAT'S possible.....to have one song as your' 'favorite'.
Jen and I have 'Our favorite song', as most Couples do, but can an individual actually clear all the best songs ever clutter out of their minds and choose just ONE?

With every 'mood' we're in, with every 'song out of the past we hear', with every smell, sound, sight that reminds us of 'a time.....'......Can one song be set on a pedestal above all others?

Can anyone?
Hack

("NO.......haven't narrowed it down. Just all the thoughjts that fly past as I try....")

Administrator
Let me get this straight you want MY favorite song, not necessarily what I consider the best song of all time correct?
This is gonna be an interesting exercise!
NOOOOO Noooo nooo......
I am on my first 3-day weekend, and the brain is off duty! Nothing at all THAT complicated....especially on only 3 cups of joe so far.
I don't think I can name just ONE FAVORITE SONG myself. Every time I try, another pops in my head.....from across the entire spectrum of music I love.....I can be thinking Buddy Holley one second, then Abba jumps in there......WOW, there goes the Stones.....OH YEAH, BOWEY....then Ottis Reading(sp).....Oh reallly...now the Rasberries....
I don't think I could?
Hack

Administrator
.......Actually I don't think I could even name my favorite genre? One moment I'll swear it's swing....jazz.......rock.......CW........heck even MUSICALS get a nod.
Hack

Administrator
......'Around her neck, she wore a yellow ribbon.....she wore it for...'. I can have that in my mind screaming at me for DAYS!
Hack

Administrator
First song I asked a girl to dance with me at my 8th grade graduation.
Wound up being my first 'real' girlfriend as well, all the way through high school.
Hack

Administrator
What is my 'current groove'.....
Sitting around the bonfire with company, and Beach Boys Sloop John B was on, and sure got some mileage asround here...
Hack

Administrator
This is as tough, or near on impossible for me, UNLESS the answer gives a whole new meaning to BIG BAND! 馃 馃榿
'All star casts' in movies usually weren't all that, and can't picture an 'All Star Band' would hold the magic of the place they filled growing into our memories.
Of course my choice for drummer would be Mr. Watts.....(y)
Lead....馃.....I'll go with a 'no brainer'....Eric Clapton......BUT, Mr. Garcia, and George Harrison would share the stage with him.
Bass, 馃......well Paul McCartney of course, but James Jamerson, Bill Wyman, and Donald 'Duck' Dunn would be there assisting Paul.
Vocals.....NAH, wouldn't know where to begin...Paul and Eric, as well as Jerry would have a hot mike, but where would I begin to select a 'magical voice? Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Loretta Lynn, George Thorogood, Perry Como, Alvin-Simon-and Theodore......Some times it's not the voice that makes the song...it's the song that makes the voice. Whoever told Bruce Springsteen, or Joe Cocker they could sing...yet will go down in history as a great singers...... Nah, won't touch that slot.
Just some thoughts from someone who WON'T DO THIS FOR A LIVING. Probably gave this 3-4 hrs. of my morning coffee time already....time for SEND.
Hack

Administrator
THANKS for jogging my memory Rick....
KEYBOARDS.....Elton, Freddy Mercury, Harry Connick Jr. would be battling up there..
Hack

Administrator
OOOooohhhhhh once upon a time 'vinyl' was magic.....45's and 33's were my mainstay. Every cent I earned went to the music stores.
Nah.......just can't replace THAT. THOUGH don't get me wrong...CD's and the clarity of the music is tops.....but pulling a 45 out of it's paper sleeve, or opening an album cover and THAT smell.....no, that's magical
Hack

Administrator
......My 'album' collection was decidedly Elton John heavy....and Good Bey Yellow Brick Road was primo!
But me think'eth , Don't Shoot Me, I'm only the piano player got worn out and replaced the most.
Hack

Administrator
'Current groove'.....
Hack

Administrator
....and 'cued up'.....
Hack

1 - 20 of 57 Posts