The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several these in my tank. This one happens to be on my clam. It is red to pink in color. At night it really extends. So what is it?

Thanks.........

Attachments

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Looks like a shroom -- dunno.

Love your sig line --

For me it started with a 2 1/2 gallon tank and 2 goldfish, "Gowling and Henderson" (after a law firm-client!).

Downhill all the way from there.....

That oldest coral - is that the one that I have a piece of, which I aquired through Sam A? I think everyone in ATL has a piece of that now ;)

Jenn

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jenn,

That is the mother colony.

Well what ever this is it is pretty neat. I figure I have a least a dozen around the tank.

Doug

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
That Hydnophora is indestructible. That frag from Sam has been flatworm exited, dropped, buried and otherwise abused and it keeps coming back. We've got it under 400 watters now and it's growing fast - perhaps it will soon be big enough not to keep getting "lost" in the shuffle.

I don't know what those things are in your tank - but they are neat looking.

Jenn

·
Registered
56 Posts
What a coinsidense! I just found one of these last night while looking at my tank with the flashlight (trying to catch the nightime critters in action). I thought is was some kind of anemone. Mine is red/pink with white/transparent tentacles. Pretty. Hope it doesn't eat any of my critters though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.