The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - this is crawling on my glass. About 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. Greyish tubelike. Lots of catterpillar tube feet. Open end with "tree" things sticking out of it. Keeps tucking the tree things into its "mouth". I assume he is filter feeding!

WHAT IS THIS THING? DOES HE NEED TO GO?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is another pic - they are hard to get because flash is bouncing off the glass and he is on the glass...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SOMEBODY PLEASE ID!

ID Please......I don't want to lose this off the glass if it is bad...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont' know how to change the camera -the "it" is now moving onto my sand.....it looks like a miniature sea cucumber - is this bad?

·
Registered
706 Posts
ylmaya, its so hard to tell...even if we could see it clearly it would be tough to say for sure....see if you can get a focused picture when it hits the sand....should be easier with it not on the glass.
Dave

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you guys go by my description - it is like a miniature sea cucumber looking thing. See on the glass - a tube about 1" long with tree branch like white things all around the 'mouth'. It appears to filter feed with these - sometimes bringing them all into the mouth at once. A lot of little skinny suction cup feet all around the body so It could stick to the glass. I have read that sea cukes can be really poinsonous to a tank - should I just take it out?

·
Registered
778 Posts
why don't you go ahead and remove the critter from your tank, place it in a glass or tuperware dish and then take a pic. that way if its eeeevil, its already out of your tank, and if not, you can pour it back into your tank.
hth!
:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.