The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
r e e f e r 4 l i f e
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this funky *worm?* making a home next to my pink birdsnest and it's rather obnoxious. I'm not sure exactly what it is but it lives in a tube similar looking to some of the tube worms in my tank however it feeds by sending out a silk thread a few inches long that floats around and grabs food. The annoying thing though is that this thread just ends up stuck all over my pink birdsnest and I find myself having to constantly blow the stuff off. I think I'm going to just destroy the thing but I'm curious as to what exactly it is. I wish I could post a good picture of it but it's so tiny I can't really even see it myself. I just know it lives in a very small 1/8 of an inch or so tube I'm guessing to be about an inch and a half long. Any idea what this thing is before I kill it? Thanks.

·
r e e f e r 4 l i f e
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
perfect! I think thats it! Don't know about irritating the coral but it's certainly irritating me. I'll get rid of it. Thanks for the info though. I was searching all over and couldn't find out anything about it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
yeah they ewill live just about anywhere lol when i was cleaning this tank out i cleaned out a pipe that had about 20 of these in the tube for the intake to the sump lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts