The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw this at that fish place today when i was there and it is the coolest little thing............it was sucks the reef sand in its mouth and spitting it out its gills..............it looks like a goobie but i have never seen it

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is the coolest fish i have ever seen.................i cant wait to get one after i read up on it..............and get my tank looking right

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
also know as a golden head goby. I don't recommend it to anyone. they are very active sand sifters and don't take to other food very well. my friend had his sand decimated in a few weeks and then the fish starved. you want 200-300 gallons with a deep sand bed.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
ionracing-welcome to SW. :(

there are so many critters that are available in the trade that just will either not survive or decimate things in our tanks. it is so much more important to research, like you did, before any purchases.

G~

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
That little guy will make your tank look like there was a snow storm pass by. Unless you have lots of time to stand by your tank and blow sand off the rocks and corals with a turkey baster, I don't recommend one, even though they are cute.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts