The Reef Tank banner

How much money have you spent on one fish?

• less than or equal to $1000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • less than or equal to $2000

• less than or equal to $5000

9K views 61 replies 47 participants last post by  cerobbins 
#1 ·
#6 ·
You said "I have lost count of how many time's people bring that fish up. I would never pay that. The most I have spent on a fish was 89.99."

Has anyone done a poll?

I tried to delete the question but there are no deletes on this particular forum

I know people that have spent over $5000 for a shark.

#44 ·
#10 ·
That fish would blend in well with a lot of purple coraline algae

Not a good candidate for me, for my kids like to stick thier hands into the tank and have my shrimps clean them...so even if I got a seperate tank I would fear that they or a niegborhood kid would get hurt because are they not venemous or posionous(I always forget which one is which)

#13 ·
I know about koi and they can get very high, well past that fish. I have never seen a fish that high in the marine aquarium trade except for sharks, but i do not really pay close attention to fish, I am more of a shrimp lover. I was not thinking about the price as much as I was thinking about if you woke up the next morning and saw it dead in a piece of equipment(like a powerhead or something). Or if it jumped out of your tank and your cat was chewing on it like it was a kitty treat. How would you feel not having any guarantee except that it arrived alive? (eventhough in both cases it was probably your fault)

#24 ·
$3400 and no live guarantee??!!

The most I ever paid for a specimen was about 15 years ago, before I was married and had kids, I paid $300 for a Bonnet head , and $250 for a black tip reef shark, and $150 for a large Green Moray(in a 1,000 gallon tank I used to have). Actually were good buys back then from a friend who was able to get straight from a ditributer. Nowadays I dont have big tanks or much money, so the grouper I just bought the other day for $79 was kinda pushin the envelope.

#25 ·
$3400 and no live guarantee??!!
What puzzled me is..."no arrive alive guarantee. But we DO guarantee it won't be DOA".

Can someone explain the loophole to me on this? What the HECK is the difference between guaranteeing it will arrive alive, and guaranteeing that it won't be dead?

Either way...am I the only one that thinks that fish really isn't that pretty?

back on topic...I spent $79 on a Powder Blue. But I'm with Fly...dont' ASK how much I've spent on a coral before. hahahah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.