The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, got my first fish, two true perculas. Everything was going great till I noticed a white spot on one. Kept an eye on him but he keeps eating, swimming happily, etc and the spot seems to be fading. Now he's rolling around in this one spot in the sand. Is this normal?

·
Registered
274 Posts
He may have found a place in the sand that he wants to host. Mine used to host a rock. Some peoples' hosts heaters, filters, etc. As long as there are no noticeable spots of disease, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm host the sand? Such odd little beauties... The white spot has all but disappeared and he hasn't glanced off any rocks so I'm going with he's fine and just really likes the sand.

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
I have black and white Clowns, and they do funny vibrating dances on occasion, then usually glance off a rock a few times. Always worries my about ich when they do it.

But there black and white, so its kinda of hard to not see ich if it were there. Plus since their hosted to a cleaner shrimp I figure that rules it out also lol.

But still the glancing off rock freaks me out everytime, though they only do it mainly in one area the rock to the left or right of the cleaner shrimp so I figure their trying to find a nest site. Heaven help me if they lay eggs next to the shrimp.....figure that will not end well for the trio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts