The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am not sure that I should post this in general discussion but I don't see Margaritaville anymore :confused: . It has been a long time for me. My last post about 4 months ago was telling peps that I was getting a new job. My job seems to be working out good. I don't want to start a sad post :( but the reason why I have been off line is because I was in a motorcycle accident and have a few broken bones :eek: . On a better note I seem to be eeling better:) . I see we have a few new members along with some leaving. The board is looking great as ever. My wife got a crazy idea to build a house so we are looking at December for moving in. The only plus to all this is I will not be able to pickup a single box :D . My clavical is broke clean in half and along with broken ribs I am useless. So much for me just wanted to say hello all.

I guess I should post something about my tanks :funny: . My 90g is doing good. I have some hair algae trying to grow but then again I haven't been able to do water changes for a few months. I can't lift my arms high enough to put my hands in the tank :funny: .

·
Super Moderator
22,752 Posts
Hmmm,,,,,Jim, M-ville never went anywhere, still there, first forum in "general forums"dunno why you can't see it,,maybe your user control is set up not to see it. look around again, you oughta find it.
bummer on the accident thing:(
coulda been worse:eek:
i hear ya on the "can't do anything with the tanks thing" , i had my spinal fusion surgery(bottom three) about 2 yrs ago,my wife would only let me fill the 5 g RO jugs 1/2 way ,to fill one gal. milk jugs for top-off etc. could not handle tank work for a while, it was mixed feelings watching the tanks from my in-home hospital bed.
(all this time to watch my tank,but could not do any work on it )if i tried to do anything in the beginning, my wife would notice, and yell at me(darn ER nurse,,,what doesshe know about "sick" people LOL)
after a long debate on bringing up the computer upstairs prior to the surg., ,so i could use it without doing the stairs.i sorta won, saying with the hospital bed in the LR, would be no room for the comp too.
i thought i got away with going downstairs to check my emails etc.,10 minutes after i got home from the hosp.;) while my wife went to take a shower,i did get busted for that,but my kinda forgiving wife told me she heard me go downstairs, a month after i did it,,:rolleyes:
sorry for the looong post, just wanted to relate to your "problem".
for now, enjoy looking at the tank,and you'll be ready to work on it when the time comes.
again, go find M-ville, it's still there, looks like you have some catching up to do!:)

·
Super Moderator
22,752 Posts
tell you what i'll do Jim, I'll move your post to M-ville,and then you can click on the thread , and it oughta take you to M-ville

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Hey Jim glad to see ya back and sorry about the bike accident and hope your well on your way to recovery!:)

I bet you will be happy to move into your new home as well!;)

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Hey Jim, Welcome back. Man so sorry to hear about your wreck, I can sorta relate. Last year riding dirt bikes I dumped and dislocated shoulder and cracked 3 ribs. No fun, shoulda learned , but NO
This year I wreched again and got a tibial plateau fracture that required surgery and 4 screws to fix. I did it june 30 and am still non weight-bearing and off work :(
Hope you heal fast, at my age its slow process :(

·
Super Moderator
28,489 Posts
Jim!!!! It's great to see you here again!! Here we are with open arms :D

OUCH on your bike accident, but I'm glad you weren't hurt more :eek:

Lots of love and hugs from me to you.

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Hi Jim! It's great to see you posting here again! I'm really sorry about the bike wreck. My brother and his wife just returned from a bike trip to Colorado and home via the big gathering in Sturgis, South Dakota. I'm very sensitive to people on motorcycles. I hope you heal completely and quickly!

~ Shirley :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome back eveyone. I feel lucky with only getting what I got. My bro is going to take my 90g off my hands for a few months and set it up at his house. His 55 is going strong so I trust he will take care of my stuff. I was thinking about going with a 65g setup for the next house and running a coral tank with maybe a fish or 2. After I submit this thread I am going to try and figure out the reason I can't find margaritaville??

·
Super Moderator
22,752 Posts
hooked said:
I found it, must have had one to many pain pills that day :funny: :funny: :funny:
Yup,,,ain't it great? LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.