The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read that puffers like to be with other fish. Well, once Diddy is fully healthy, I Want to get him a little pal. The problem is, hes in a 29g tank thats 36" long and about 18" tall I believe. I dont think I should have too many more inches of fish in there, but anything too small he will eat! Id like to have a Picass/Humu Humu in there, but I believe they need tons of room to swim around, if Im not mistaken? Also, theres a tomato clown in there, who just sits in his little cave I made him.... I dont like many fish really, besides Puffers, Clowns, Blennies and some triggers. I already have one clown in there, hed probably eat a blennie, and I think a trigger or a puffer added would be too many fish in that tank. So Im in a bind.... Or I could leave him alone I Guess =\

·
11,345 Posts
I dont think you want anymore fish in there and im not positive, but i think most...if not all puffers need to be in a fish only system.
Ive never had one, but i think they are way cool, but the fish only thing has prevented me from getting one......I think if you have any invertebrates they are toast with a puffer..................
Let us know what kind though.......i could be wrong

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Porcupine..... And I have one of those huge baseball sized hermits with him. Initially he tried to nip at him, but now theyre fine.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No bigger, I just took him out of my 20 and put him in the 29! I had to move my reef to the 20

1 - 7 of 7 Posts