The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am looking forward to buying this wavemaker, however I was wondering what JBJ meant by alternating current. Say for example the dial is set for 30 seconds, I have two pumps conneced to the wavemaker, does that mean that pump 1 will be on for 30 seconds and when turned off automatically pump 2 goes on for 30 seconds? Or is it simply that both pumps will turn on at the same time, then both rest for 30 seconds?

Thanks,

FERNANDO

·
Super Swole Fish
446 Posts
it should alternate the current like one pump and then the other i had 3 hooked up and it alternated them that way...like 1...2..3...1..2...3 and so on

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
The pumps alternate, one is on while the other is off. The dial sets the time cycle that is used. If you set it for 1 minute then pump 1 will be one for 1 minute while pump 2 is off. When 1 minute goes by, pump 1 will go off and pump 2 will be on for 1 minute. The cycle then repeats.

Keep in mind this is a simple on/off wavemaker. It's meant to be used with JBJ's pump, a Maxijet pump or other pump that has a non directional impeller. If you are planning on using Koralias or some other wave pump, you can expect them to be noisy when starting and possibly wear out faster.

Even though the Wavemaker only has two plugs, there is no reason that you can't plug an outlet extension into each side and run multiple pumps on it. Just check the amp rating on the pumps and don't overload the wavemaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts