The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we had problems with the CLS last night. We plumbed the pump backward. How dumb are we? Don't laugh too long and loud at us. We are going to try again tonight after I pick up somemore parts. I do have a question though.

Should we cover the inlet? I don't know if it is a danger to sucking critters up into it. We are going to attach a Mag 24 to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Your running a sump? That is a reef ready tank right. I see the corner overflow so I assume it is.
how do you have the tank plumped into the sump. Can you post a pic.
You should not need that installed like that with a RR tank and sump.
Is that the intake or the outlet on the pump?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the input. We have it pulling water out of the tank down on the floor behind the stand, then pumped back up to the CLS mounted up on top of the glass support on the top of the tank. Yes it is a reef ready tank with two over flows one on each end.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would worry about drain back into the sump with it set up like that. What happens when you loose power on the pump? Do you get much drain back?
How come you don't have it draw water from the sump so you don't have that extra pvc in the tank? Just wondering...

Is this set up for a closed loop type setup? Or is it the only/main return pump.
Ok I'm slow... CLS is that closed loop system??
if so you can smack me now :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some more old pics. I have taken the plant out that used to be in the sump, and removed the light. There is also another pump in with the other one that goes to my DIY skimmer.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pump is on the floor behind the stand and not in the sump. PVC won't be in the sump nor will the pump the CLS is attached to.
The inlet black piece is made of plastic with slits in it. I just don't know if the space inbetween the slits is big enough to suck something in.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When we lose power we do get a drain back but it isn't a problem. It's about 4 inches of water, also the same effect when I do my w/c.

·
Registered
107 Posts
All my questions were based on my not knowing what CLS stood for..
Now that I woke up it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where can I find one?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I posted link about 4 posts up..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts