The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own the nano size Eco Aqualizer. I have had it ever since i started my tank one year ago. Does it really work or is it a waste of money? post and discus!!!
The Eco Aqualizer claims to improve fish health, improve coral growth, reduce algae growth, and improve water filtration.
My tank is a 29 gallon reef tank. I will start off saying that my fishes' health are lively and plump. I only feed them once a day. Secondly My corals do grow, some more than others. My 3 inch star polyp colony is now a 10 inch colony. My zoas are now in 3 colonies, from one. My Duncan is now 6 polyps from one. Thirdly, I recently had a cyano breakout. It Went away after a while, but I don't think it was because of the Aqualizer. Now i have patches of green algae in the tank. Fourthly my filtration seems to be improved because of one reason. I have no skimmer. The tank water is clean, and the corals are full of water at midday. I do water changes once a week.
Now that my story is done, tell me about your experiences with it. Or just chip in and say weather you think its real or another fake.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
This is one of those topics that comes up from time to time...the Eco-Aqualizer has been around for quite a while...I'm sorry to tell you but it's little more than a gimmick...any perceived benefits are just coincidence...I'll see if I can dig up the old thread where one was taken apart.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Ah here we go...from Inland Reef Aquaria...they tested and dissected one of these guys...they could not get any data to substantiate the claims and when taken apart it turns out to be PVC pipe, electrical tape and cheap magnets...non of which has the ability to do what they claim.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041015223401/www.inlandreef.com/Testing/EcoTest.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20041015223016/www.inlandreef.com/Testing/EcoPhotos.html

Sorry folks, but I'm afraid you've been had by one good marketing ploy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts