The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:nuts: isn't lovely? First time i've seen these XMEN PALYTHOAS and fell in love with it. Actual color under MH / Actinics. These doesn't come very often in the market.

If you guys know some fellow reefer who's got extras...pls. let me know.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kappaknight said:
why are they called x-men? I have a few but they'd make more sense as solar eclipses than x-men's.
I think to sound more even characteristic other than that I had no clue. :nuts:

Do you get the same color quality in your tank?

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
John, those are awesome!! Please put me on your frag list!!! :D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Those are awesome! Great colors! I gotta find me some of those.

·
Registered
524 Posts
We had them...unfortunatly the person we got them from did a bad bad bad job fraggin and they died a day or two later...they were lovely while they lasted

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seshapir said:
We had them...unfortunatly the person we got them from did a bad bad bad job fraggin and they died a day or two later...they were lovely while they lasted

Grrr...that's an awful way to die. :( So you never had a chance to glaze over them under your tank? No chance to see if what colors under your tank's parameters, lights?

Because these palythoas MORPHS.

When I got these from my friend Rommel at ultimatefrags.com it was sitting pretty with a violet darkish redish color under his lights but when I placed them under my halides and actinics, it turned out blueish mouth, deep purple dark with orangy red skirt and I tell you, HALIDES ARE ON.

Because zoanthids or any other corals mostly appears more deceiving under ACTINICS ONLY.

But these palys will not bring the true mean colors under direct lights. They love shallow areas and low lights. They criple under hight direct lights and show dead colors.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
524 Posts
It was really really sad...only one polyp ever opened and it was amazing...then it just melted away....it was even worse cuz we got them off of a trade with this guy and he said he'd get us more but then stopped returning calls....SHADY

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
piberoptikz said:
But these palys will not bring the true mean colors under direct lights. They love shallow areas and low lights. They criple under hight direct lights and show dead colors.

:thumbup:
So...I should put my polyps under low light for best colors? Are you talking in general (including VHO lighting) or are you talking about MH lighting? How much flow should I have them under? I wanna have my polyps do the best they can :banana:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts