· Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Perfeshunal Hikk
11,076 Posts
Read the listing. Just below the price section, it gives this information:

Brand: Odysea
Model: PS160 Dual Hang On Skimmer

If you do some googling, it gets mentioned with Jebo's and even confused with them at times. From reading/looking at the search results, the reviews seem to be about 10-1 against the skimmer as not being worth it.

The biggest strike against it, for me, is the gimmick sales approach to it. Free pump? Sheesh, most skimmers come with a pump. Free additives if I pay for the product with the price disguised as "S&H"? I guess they can only do it for the first 10 buyers since "they can't do this all year". Sorry, my apologies but the ad on Ebay reads like the script from a Billy Mays commerical or that new guy "follow me camera guy".

Leave it alone and find a decent skimmer. You will pay more for a good one but it will save you money in the long run by not having to replace something you bought while trying to save money.

· Perfeshunal Hikk
11,076 Posts

· Registered
2,572 Posts
Have you looked at used skimmers?

I also have a 75 with a 20g sump. I also didn't have much to spend on a skimmer, the live rock and all the other "start up" stuff really wiped out my tank fund. I was thinking "am I gonna buy an ebay cheapie or wait until I can afford an octopus?" Then I found a used aquaC urchin pro on ebay for 80.00 bucks. It had the overflow mod and a mag3 pump. I figured a decent used skimmer would be better than a worthless new skimmer. So far 5 months later I still pretty happy with it. I still only have 2 fish. I guess I will see the Urchins worth when I am fully stocked.

· Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Set it so it's not filling the cup in an hour. Give it some time to start breaking in. Then start to fine tune it.
I am sorry I do not understand breaking in.....right now from my pics....the foam does not go over the tube in the collection cup...so is that where I leave it set for now....Thanks for the help...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.