The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello pufferlady, and welcome to TRT! The middle one is for sure a bristleworm. They are great detrivores and will eat most of the leftover food or detritus within your system. Some people love them and others hate them. Their bristles are poisonous so do not touch them. If you do not want them in there you may take them out with tweezers or try to catch it in a trap. There are also certain types of fish/ invertebrates that may eat them. The one on the left could be a type of sponge, but I am not sure. The one on the right I am unsure of as well. The middle picture on the other post I believe is a pineapple sponge. Here is a great site for identifying various types of hitchhikers and doodads that come in on our live rock. http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm Hope that helps!

·
Registered
440 Posts
The left is a sponge, I do not think it is a pineapple sponge as previously suggested. Pineapple sponges are kinda fuzzy these are smooth. The middle is a bristle worm the great majority of which are good for your tank. The right I have little clue, macroalgae it the best guess i can give.

·
Registered
220 Posts
No, the one on the left is not a pineapple sponge, just some other type of sponge. I was talking about pufferlady's other post of hitchhikers where her middle pictures are of pineapple sponges. I just didn't feel like jumping over to her other post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts