The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just sold my 240 gallon reef and will now play with a 14 gallon biocube. 1.5 gallon water changes per week HECK YA!!! its set up with a back black ground, and BB black bottom with no sump and only filter floss in the back chamber #1, MP10 and Current MH lighting. i'm trying the KISS meathod with this tank as change of pace lol.

ok back to the ATO, my JBJ won't really fit due to the float switches are too big and i can see them. i was thinking of getting a digital timer with seconds and having it kick on once an hour for a few sec to top off. i'll keep a little tub of RO in the stand and have it pump up through the back and over into one of the back chambers. Has anyone else tried this? what would you recommend or what do you use?

·
Registered
386 Posts
im interested in doing something like this too but i was thinking it would just kick on for a min or two once a day. do you think that would be enough?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I was thinking the same thing. If I build something I'll post what I do. Im sure I can do something cheap and reliable

·
Banned
565 Posts
Ya I was thinking the same thing. If I build something I'll post what I do. Im sure I can do something cheap and reliable
Cheap and reliable!

OK I've been running this 10 gal nano for 3 years. I have a piece of cello tape on the side and use it to track the water level. I keep the tank covered. I only add RODI water in the winter and it is only about 50 - 100 mls. a week. I doubt any ATO is that accurate; since, it is only about 1-2 mm change in height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts