The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im getting kind of tired of my maroon clowns attacking everything in my tank including and especially my hands haha i know its their nature but ive had them forever so i have just dealt with it

Heres my question...these clowns are if i had to guess at least 4 years old and have hosted/almost killed my rbta and they breed like nobodys business...i found a group of eggs when rearranging my tank and the eggs got disturbed but then like 2 weeks later there was another even bigger patch

They are yellowstripe maroons the female is every bit of 4-5 inches and the male is between 3-4...they breed host and terrorize haha

My lfs guy is foaming at the mouth to get a pair of yellowstripe maroons that are breeding so my question is what are these even worth?? He is wanting to trade me a couple less aggressive clowns gor these and i just dont want to get the raw end of the deal

Thanks

Stewie

·
Registered
318 Posts
IMO, if don't want them anymore, and you're looking to get rid of them, AND you have someone that wants them, you're not really getting the raw end of the deal.. You're getting everything you want.. :)

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
A pair goes for $180 on liveaquaria, if that helps. Trades are usually 40% of retail.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well im not just going to give them away...if i get a good deal ill get rid of them..i am getting tired of some of their antics but im not going to flush them or anything

Was just curious as to what they would be worth

Stewie

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
40% of retail is about right... but I would not go for the LA price fora pair... most folks are not willing to pay for the breeding pair price and a 4 year old pair is technically past its prime. So find out how much two maroons go for and go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts