The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these from a guy selling stuff. They were spread on this rock with the echniphilyia(sp). He said he had one of these anemonees and now there are 10-12????

They must be some sort of anemone. They retreat to the rock (disapear) so I don't see them being a zoo by any means. No stalk. More of a foot embeded in the crevices of the rock. But there are many ?????. I've never had bubble tips spread like this? Do bubble tips spread like this? Each one is about 1". They look like Bubble tip anemones, as the have bubble tips and a pink dot on each tentacle. They have a central mouth and are a flourecent green color as well.

Here are two pics...not the best but let me know. Depending on what these are I don't really want a bunch of these. I just wanted the echnophilyia!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So are aiptasia and mojo anemonies different. I have seen aptasia......and have removed them as well.

Is the process the same. I don't want these really....let alone them spreading!

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the look of a few...however, real estate is becoming a Hard Find in this tank, keeping left space mainly for SPS and clams so I don't want to be messing w/ an uncontrolable population of "Illegal Imigrants":rotflmao:

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
110galreef said:
I like the look of a few...however, real estate is becoming a Hard Find in this tank, keeping left space mainly for SPS and clams so I don't want to be messing w/ an uncontrolable population of "Illegal Imigrants":rotflmao:
But they look like they have their green cards on them! ;)

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
you can kill them the same as aptasia depending on how you killed the aps. joes juice, boiling water, kalk paste. lots of ways.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty sure I can get Joe's Juice locally. So that will be the way to go!

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks....that looks exactly like what I have!:thumbup:

Welcome by the way to TRT!:wavey:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is how I got rid of mine (thanks to Marc Levenson). Inject with boiling water (hypodermic - smallest I could find at feed store). Use one of those dental type needle thingies, to work all around it, so that you can suck it out in one piece; I used a turkey baster.

Worked like a charm, and I didn't even have to take the rocks out of the water!

<O:pTeakie<O:p

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I just Joe Juice'd them.:thumbup:

Seems to work VERY FAST! We'll see how well it works long run.

Seems all experiences w/ it were good!

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah they were kind of cool looking. I just don't want them taking over or popping up all over the place at there rate of reproduction!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts