The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to the reef world and I started a 24 Gallon nano about 2-3 months ago. Today I noticed what looked like little clear bugs crawling on my glass. What is this? All I have in there is Live Rock, Live sand, 3 turbo snails and a few hermit crabs. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Welcome to trt! Lots of different little bugs out there. Probably hard to get a pic but also hard to tell without one. Usually they are some variety of pod. Isopods can be bad but also get big and hard to miss, you can do a search and see. Can you make out any features to describe it?

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Welcome to TRT! Little clear pod-like bugs are a good thing to have in a tank! Probably copepods - your corals, fish, snails, etc. eat them. Free food!

HHC

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Welcome!!
tell us more about your tank, what are you planning to stock it with.

·
Registered
430 Posts
wow.. too funny.. I just noticed I have a bunch of pods also.. they're all over the algea on the inside of my tank face.. they must have come in on some LR I got from reefscience to top off my LR stucture.. pretty cool. there's a lot of them! they have a distinct tail and two antenae on their heads.. very copepod looking.. I think I will let them propogate a bit before I add a 6 line wrasse. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts