The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well at least it's now officially monday, so this didn't end my birthday observance day.

I let my dog out to go potty before I go to bed and I glance through the window at my 72g bow (fw). I see my firemouth picking at the blood parrot... who was floating.:bawling:
He was struggling and as soon as I removed him from the tank there was no movement at all, not even a gasping gill.:bawling:
I am very sad about this, I actually have a heavy feeling. I've had that fish for all of 4 years now. I rescued him from Petco; they had him in a tank with a very aggressive cichlid and the poor guy was trying to hide in a bare corner just to stay away from that maniac fish.
He was such a fun fish to have and I'm really going to miss him...

RIP little orange blood parrot. The tank won't be the same without you.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Aw sorry Jess what a cute little fishy.

Yeah some of them really have great personalities.
Just think at least you rescued it and it had a good life.

My fav. was a blue hippo tang I had in my 150 for 8 yrs and my daughter found it on the floor. It jumped out. We all cried lol that fish had an exceptional personality.
It would spray water at me while I was on the puter to feed it lol which is prolly why it jumped out.
I always keep the front panels off my glass tank top so it does'nt run hot and did'nt think it would jump after 8 years.
I have another blue hippo now but it is'nt the same.

kass

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
*orning Jessica,Wiskey,Kass and all the rest!
Sorry to Her that Jessica,not a good present.Well the coffees on and it's a war* day here again!Hope Everyone Has A Great Day!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good *onday *orning, Jessica, Whiskey, Kass, George & All! :)

Jessica, really sorry about your fish. Losing one of our critter friends is always tough. We won't penalize you for using the "*" word this time.

Warm here too, George, but not as hot as last week. Thanks for the coffee.

There's a very special birthday today! I won't reveal it and see if our Birthday Gal Cath will report it!:dance:

Heavy work week ahead for me. Wish I had some more free days to do stuff with the girls...this is Victoria's last week here before I have to drive her back to Vermont. :(

A bit of light filters through the forest canopy on a mossy old stump in my secret place in Cades Cove.

Have a *agnificent *onday, Everyone!

Dick:)

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
Good morning TRT!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear about the loss of your fish jess.

Great shot Dick.. love mother nature

only 99 days left till halloween!

won some great looking stuff on ebay for the hunted house..everythign is looking real good.
the rain from the weekend has cooled everything for now

·
Not the LFS.......
460 Posts
Another work meek ahead, Hope everyone made it through the weekend in fine shape. Sorry to hear about your loss Jess.

·
Super Moderator
26,839 Posts
Good *awnin', Jess, Whiskey, Kass, George (the man and Violet's fish), Dick, Bill, John, Tim, Chris, ocnreef, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, George :D

Oh no, Jess! I don't blame you for that heavy feeling. It's really tough to lose one of your critters, especially one that you rescued! I hope it is comforting to see that you have many friends around here that have lost tank critters. Sorry about your losses, too, Whiskey and Kass :(

Hey, Dick! Sorry that you have such a heavy week, and won't be able to have play time with FishGirl and Victoria. I always love your moss pictures, Dick. Beautiful study in light and texture in today's photo.

Tim - Man you really are getting ready for Halloween! You know we want pix of your progress. Oh, and you had better show up at Tom's this coming weekend. It would be so cool to meet you!

Birthday thread! I better get my butt in gear :nuts:

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone. Special hugs to Jess.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Jess, Wisky, Cass, George, Tim, Dick, Bill, John, Chris, Mike, and the rest of the class.

Jess, so sorry to hear about your fish. Just sucks all around.

Had a pretty good and yet crazy weekend. but alas...it's a new week.

Hope everyone has a tolerable *onday!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,191 Posts
I vaguely remember posting something about trying to finish my book this weekend.

Not sure how all this frilly stuff ended up all over Noob Manor. There are towels hanging up that I cannot use to dry off with, pictures and knick knacks and now three toothbrushes in little holder thingies. I woke up in the middle of the night to one of them wimmen then later to two of 'em.

Also, Michelle had her birthday and being a Kentucky girl celebrated with some bourbon. I thought only tequila had that effect on folks. From across the parking lot she was hollering and laying out spread eagled on the hood of my poor Beemer asking if I thought she looked sexy. I told her she can't just lay on the car so she walked up the hood and dove in the sunroof. No damage but glad she is 90 lbs.

My scrubbing bubble shower with a friend got off most of the asphalt but my nails are still covered in black goo. Hopefully this acetone will get it off.

Blitz found Anita's kittens and licked them all clean. Those little guys were pretty much bowling balls down the hallway. The mom came over and was a little upset so Blitz gave her a thorough cleaning as well. If you see some tramautized cats someday it is perfectly understandable.

Have a great *onday. I hope to hell someone started up some coffee.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Good *ornin all! sorry to hear about your loss Jess. rain rain rain! today.
Rainy days and *ondays always get me down. Hmmmm *aby i should write a song. ;)
Brent.

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Morning all...

Boy, I'm draggin' this AM, pour me a double shot of that coffee please. It's been too hot to sleep (A/C is not very common in private homes and apartments up here) so today is going to be a looooong *onday. At least the office has A/C. :D

Dick, I thought Victoria and her family had moved back to TN for good - I must have been mistaken. I'm sorry that your time with her is almost at an end for the summer. :(

Jess and Kass, sorry about your fish. It's always hard to lose the ones with personality.

Perry, you just have more fun than people. ;)

I hope everyone has a good start to the week! :)

·
Super Moderator
22,084 Posts
Morning all,
Jess , it's always a bummer when you lose a fish you've had for a long time, or was a special pet,,sorry,,:cry:

Only day off for me, after the coffee kicks in , will decide on what chores will get done today, got plenty to choose from:freak: .

Went to the neighboring County fair last night, had a decent time, if shuffling along with 5 gazillion other people is considered fun,,,why the wife wanted to go on the busiest day of the fair, is beyond me:angry:

Dick, great pic as usual, us photogs need to plan a trip w/you and spend some time at Cades Cove.(Who here at TRT do i turn my travel voucher to? LOL)

Will prob spend some time with the tanks, after i tire of outside chores today if i have time left,,,(maybe it'll just be spent staring at them LOL)

Hope everyone has a great *onday!

·
Administrator
46,674 Posts
*orning gang, I have the next 2 days off , have to try and catch up around here.
No more mowing now so other stuff can get done, hopefully

Oh Happy Birthday Cath :)

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow, I didn't really mean for this to be the morning thread! Sorry to be such a bummer. Have a great day everyone! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts