The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my tank in my office at work and one of the guys came up to see me, we started talking about his mom's tank. He said she started when he was a little boy, he remembers always having a fish tank at home, he used to live by the ocean in Mexico. She started out like many of us with a small tank, then moved up to a larger tank and a larger tank. Stocking it as she could. Her last tank was soo large that it divided the livingroom from the dinning room. He could not tell me the gallons size but by his description I think it was pretty big. She had LR and fish and some "animals" he said, (maybe coral). He mention the biology students from a nearby university will go to his house to video tape and study the reef tank. I am thinking it was some impresive setup. This last tank was setup for 7 years until one Christmas his family and friends of the family gattered in his home. They were partying and having a good time when one of his cousing got pushed in to the tank by a friend of the family, when thru the front glass braking it, all water and fish landed on the floor and in the commotion some were stepped on and die, she put everyone out, family and non family. Most of the fish and "animals" died because she had no place to put them.
This had to break her heart, since then she refuses to have a tank in the house, the cousing and friend of the family are not allowed in the house any more, even if the parents are there visiting the cousing had to stay outside. And the friend of the family is not a friend anymore. That had to be devastating! I could not blame her for putting everyone out of the house. I hope nothing like this ever happens to me. I would cry.
:mad: :angry: :bawling:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I watch my tank like a hawk. No partying going on here.

·
Noo Doot Aboot It!
2,768 Posts
I have to say if it were me..........MAJOR SNAP SHOW! hahaha in all seriousness that is a real bummer:(

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,736 Posts
Ooh that is ruff. I can't imagine what I would do if that happened to me.

I have had a friend who was too drunk fall into my 30 gallon tank, because the stand is designed with a lip around it the tank and stand tiped and smacked into the wall. No damage luckly, other than a dent in the wall, but I literly kicked him out. Well accually pushed him out, and kicked him in the butt on the way.

Whiskey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts