The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in late this eve. Cody's waitress down at Pond's quit on him and he was having to wait tables and cook. A big old group came in two minutes after closing and no choice but to do it. I just stopped in for a beer.

We tore it up like old times and got a 50 buck tip and they are the local dinner theatre players doing Pirates of Penzance and got comped two tickets for that as well. Weezie gave me two shift beers and her day was cheered up by some guys secret gift of the Avon purse she was lusting after (shush you guys). Just gotta find a date for the musical.

I am seriously thinking of giving up corporate life forever, buying a beater truck and staying with my folks. Watching some degreed engineer have a tantrum over no staples at the copier when folks up here have no health insurance, are all overdrawn and round each other up and just get it done is reverse culture shock now. I can still have coffee with the old timers and the moose then go to work and carpool with oh so cool as **** Becky then drive home and have a beer at Pond's.

I had eleven cents....yep ELEVEN cents to my name two weeks ago and am now swimming in good fortune. There has got to be a way to hang with the crew and give a little back. The long commute is making a little sense now. Think I am going to keep to Sentra's or Corolla's and keep the Beemer for date night and stay up on the mountain where I belong.

Sorry this must be the most rambling post ever.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good morning, Perrry & Everybody!:)

High 60's again today with 50% chance of showers or t-storms. Typical
April weather....but wait! This is mid-May!!!:confused:

At least, the forecast for Saturday's Hawg Roast is good...supposed to be 83 and partly cloudy at Tom's Plantation! 2 Days and counting................

Perry, isn't it incredible how petty some of those white-collar corporate types can be?? I suppose what really ticked that engineer off was that he didn't know how to put staples in the machine!!!:nuts:

This Lonesome Dove is wearing her camo cloak of leaves, hoping to sneak up on the bird feeder without being seen. Couldn't fool my camera, though!! :D

Have a Terrific Thursday, Everybody!

Dick:)

·
Super Moderator
26,851 Posts
Good mawnin', Perry, Dick, and all of TRT!

OMG, Perry! Disgraceful behavior on the part of some fancy white collar at that copier. Yup, your post is full of stuff for another chapter. I vote for helping folks that don't have healtlh insurance.

Hey, Dick- beautiful portrait of that mourning dove. You can just see the softness of her feathers. Yeeeee Hawwww for just 2 more days til Tom's pig-pickin'!

Safe driving for everyone today.

Off to Civitan in a minute. Lots of love and hugs and peace to all!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Good Thursday morning. Almost the weekend. :) Well for some of you. I am working the next two weeks without a break.:( Gota pay for that new coral some how.:agree:

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Good Morning perry, Dick, Cath and Everyone!

Another Sunny day here today!

GREAT picture Dick! :agree:

I took the day off to prep the tanks, clear up paperwork, and such. Diana's getting out early so we may get started around 4:00. :wavey:

For those that are travelling, have a safe one!!

Happy Trails Everyone!

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
Morning All! Oh Perry don't tell me that your going to wax the beemer and quick put in the garage if it rains!:nuts: Hope all have a great Day!The Coffee's on!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good morning, Cath, Leverage, Butch, John, George, Tim, & Chris!!

Thanks, Butch! Have a safe trip!

Sure looking forward to Tom's on Saturday and seeing Cath & Tom again and meeting the rest who will be there! Should be a fun time! I'll be easy to identify....the oldest OFR there!!! :nuts:

Dick:)

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Morning class!!!

Perry...not sure what help this will be...but a few years ago, I went through the same thing you're going through now. Left the white collar world, went back to Pittsburgh, and started actually WORKING for a living. All while going through a break-up (in my case...divorce).

Also, like you, after a while, I decided to try it again. I don't know what happened to me, but somewhere in my journey I learned tolerance for those kind of people. Actually...tolerance isn't the right word. The ability to TOTALLY block people like that out, is more like it.

Not really sure WHAT clicked...but think it had something to do with learning that while hard workers are funner to hang out with...in the end, even THEY have their issues too. Meaning...no matter WHAT you do, there will be idiots around.

Truly hope you can overcome this...but keep in mind, at ALL times...it's a WIN/WIN situation for you. Stay in corporate america...learn to deal with the dolts, and you gets PAID!! If not, go back to the mountains with less cash, but still knowing you'll love life there too!

you're blessed with the capability to live in both worlds. So whatever happens, you'll be fine!!

anyways...

Dick...great shot (as usual!!)

hope everyone has a GREAT Friday's Eve!!!

·
Banned
2,995 Posts
Good Morning TRT

Please pray for my cat Ashlee- took her to the vet this morning because she is very weak- DR just called and they are going to start blood work- he also said she isn't keeping her body temp up, she is very dehydrated, and she has lost weight.

I am sad :(

I'm not sure how old she is since we adopted her one year ago as an adult. I was told she was a few years old.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Good morning all of TRT, happy Thursday - - good plan Perry, I say - - Gwen, sorry about your cat, hope things turn out okay.

Hot day here, lots of work, stupid meetings - argh!

HHC

1 - 20 of 52 Posts