The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY!

Good morning, and HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL!
40, heading to 45 with a respectable breeze.....will feel chilly on the water today. GOOD NEWS......I'm only there 1/2 day, taking Jen to a Dr's appointment this afternoon......a procedure involving some injections to prayerfully lower some pain levels.

Dogs in a hurry to go O U T, so coffee is up, and breakfast in a moment.
Grooviness,
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
........OK, the herd's happy.
Scrambled eggs sandwiches fresh off the stove.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good nawnin’, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and scrambled egg sandwiches! I’ll add hot chocolate and homemade applesauce p.

Hope Jen’s doc appointment goes well so that she can enjoy the afternoon with you!

As to your question about the good eats I bought yesterday...I will probably give away the artichoke relish and maybe one other, just don’t know who yet.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
Morning ø gang, my weekend starts off cold and rainy,45 here with a high of 48. Whoopee
Need to pay bills later and catch up around house.
Hope thr day treats you all well

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Morning Doug,

Off the the LFS with Shelby, it’s hard on her because she doesn’t understand just because a fish is pretty doesn’t mean it will work in my tank. That why I always tell them don’t try to be nice and buy me fish for my tanks.
This will probably be my last visit to the store until we come back from our trip.
We have our tickets already for the aquarium in Atlanta. Can’t wait to add it to the public aquariums I’ve visited

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Off the the LFS with Shelby, it’s hard on her because she doesn’t understand just because a fish is pretty doesn’t mean it will work in my tank. That why I always tell them don’t try to be nice and buy me fish for my tanks.
Everyone's hearts are in the right place.......Jen's forever saying, 'Ooooooooo......can we have THAT one?'......SORRY Babe. Got to save THAT ONE for Vinnie. 😁

With the 210, I could have said yes to Jen more often, but I've always been more fascinated with the Corals and what could play nice with them as far as Fish went. With the 75 I'm planning on replacing it with, I have a bonafide excuse now to say NO.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
....... 🤔 .......YOU on the other hand if'n we can sneak this past Your' Mrs. will have run out of 'size' excuses.😁
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Water Blue Underwater Fluid Organism

Vertebrate Purple Underwater Organism Water

Water Marine invertebrates Purple Natural environment Organism

I like lots of fish in a reef. But the right one.

I did let her get a coral beauty also picked up a monti cap frag and green slimmer frag.they also gave me a bunch of mini stars and pods for my sump

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
Nice score Vinny :)
Got most of the bills paid and bank resolved, payro;;at store so I deposited that check. Its a good day other than being cold and dmp.
Gonna take hot shower and change clothes then head up to her place to slice and dice veggies for Kimchi

·
Super Moderator
22,340 Posts
Afternoon all,

Mom had her appt.for having a angio- something at the hospital. 3 blocked arteries, one total blocked ( not doing anything with that one ) , one got rotorooted , and the third will get addressed at a later time. She is back home , has to lay flat for a few hours then take it easy.

Got my busy Saturday in-busy’d a bit. Found out the tree guys are coming back Saturday morning to grind the stumps up and finish up with the remaining tree relateds. Problem being , Linky and Toby’s possible/hopefully adopters will arrive from southern Indiana around the same time . I was not comfy with them ( and their 2 doxies) being subjected to the super loud noises of stumps getting ground out/away , plus my timing lick being what it is, I imagine when they would have to be leaving ( when I have to leave for Illinois to pick up Molly the baby Macaw) that is when the tree guys will be de-stumping the one in the back yard when I suggest Linky n Toby go potty before their road trip to their new forever home. The rescue’s rep was able to contact them and get them to come here Sunday morning ( nothing else in my docket, so all time needed to spend with Link n Tob’s new humans and go full disclosure on the two brothers).

Got up on the house roof for the “last” time this afternoon, and cleared the gutters of maple and tulip tree leaves that won’t be ever n ever , EVER gonna be a thing anymore , since the perps are either sawdust or pre-firewood logs out back 👍🏼.
Short of wind blown pine needles or red maple tree leaves ( smaller tree in front of the house)when the wind happens to be at just the right angle , not gonna have to deal with full gutters any more 👍🏼👍🏼.
Worth the $6K to get to that end?🤔🤷🏻‍♂️ Hard to rationalize the $$ with the end result, but knowing that other than oak leaves from far away from the house when a big wind aims em toward the house, I won’t have to deal with spring maple seed/“helicopters” in the spring, or 3 big maple trees worth of leaves, along with the wondering if/when a huge limb comes thru the roof,… I can learn to be ok with the money spent, for what I got ( or won’t be getting anymore) .

Shampoo’d the living room carpet along with “fall” cleaning here n there. The knowing that stuff like that are nice n clean is good for my brain.

Currently in my recliner, heating pad against my back, 3 doxies on my lap. So far I don’t feel like a panini getting heated/grilled/flattened, heheh.

Dunno what the rest of the day has in store, 🤔 but someone put “scrambled egg sammiches” in my head so it’s sounding like that’ll be fer dinner.

Hope everyone is having/had a great day!

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW Jeff........CANCEL TOMORROW Pal! You'll need time alone with your new addition......teaching her some of your favorite songs n phrases....,,.this is a 'Family site', so be careful.

Home from our afternoon of not being home......Jen's Dr. went smooth, but 'results' are a wait n see. Took Her out to a nice dinner, and NOW.......feet up.

Got a half day on the creek in store, and since I'm in charge, I know there's NOTHING penciled in.
Dropping to COLD this evening, but not as much tomorrow.

Hope something cool is happening,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good evening, everyone!

All these details about various sized tanks and how to educate family members about choosing the right tank inhabitant is so much fun to read! Noooooo, I am not getting back in the hobby.

Hack - How is Jen doing tonight? I hope she is more comfy.
How about that? You answered my first question. Dinner out was a great idea!

Vinnie - Absolutely gorgeous tank! What a treat for our eyes!

Doug - Have a great evening with your lady friend

Jeff - Wow, your mom got to the hospital just in time! I hope she is better at taking it easy than some unknown person (?😉) around here.

Good job on rearranging the scheduling the weekend’s activities.

Feshly baked nanner bread for dessert...

Food Ingredient Recipe Tableware Dish

Grooviness for all!

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ohhhhh Cath, THAT soooooo works for me! THANK YOU.

Jen's 'comfortable' Cath......the injection sites in Her back were tender, but THAT'S easing. But the 'results' will need time to notice if there coming. These were into h Her lower back to see if they could ease some of Her pain. Jen has fibromyalgia as well as neuropathy of Her hand and feet. So it's a matter of how much they can help?

Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Good evening all,

You have a busy weekend, glad you mother is home and doing better.

Hack, glad all went well with the DR visit, time to relax.

Cath the manna Bread I bet gonna be good.

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
Evening all,went out for a light dinner then stopped by post office to check her mail. Big envelope from housing authority wa ting her to fill out 15 pages of stuff they already have and has to submit it by months end. She needs to get out of her pos trailer and into a real house. I would offer her lodgings but my situation is up in air. Needless to say that was a buzz killer on night.
Hack fibro is a real beast ex and daughter suffer from it, gack.
Hopefully trees get done, dog and bond thing gets resolved Jeff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts