The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wellso that has rtn. Can I do anything. I have melafix to do a dip just I worry that it is already stressed. Insight? Best plan of action?

Oh it is on the bottom. Moderate to low flow. And I have halides. My specs are in my signature.

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
can you post more up to date specs? do you still run your Ca at 450? it also sounds like you have a mix of softies and SPS, generally not a good a mix. do you run a lot of carbon to combat the chemical warfare?

G~

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can always count on you. I do run carbon and chemipure. I had recently removed the regular carbon on Sunday. But I put it back in.

Specs.

TEMP 80
AM. 0
NITRITE 0
NITRATE 0
PHOS 0
PH 8.4
CA 460
ALK 10
MAG 1350

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
why 80 degrees, why is the Ca at 460. why alk so high. i would lower the alk and the Ca. i like to keep my Ca around 350 and my alk not above 9.

the more you try and juice corals the more likely they are to revolt and RTN on you.

G~

·
little crazy
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
80 degrees has been my steady over winter and summer. That I would prefer 78 but I don't have a chiller and it is well where it is. I always tried to keep my calcium at 450. It went up from a misdose or better an extra. And alk I always keep in the 9.5-10 realm. I will let my ca lower but I think I will leave the all alone. Well what throws me off is my acros are fine. Just my wellso acting up. But thanks Geoff I have noticed the rtn slow down since putting the carbon back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.