The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home from Zack's house (Kakalakasha) yesterday and I checked on my 75g because my Banded Cat Shark hasn't been doing too well. He was laying there. On the sand. Still breathing. Not moving. So I went to eat dinner. When I was finished. I checked again. He was in the same spot. This time.. Not breathing..

But, things come and go and sharks are hard to keep..

R.I.P Sabertooth. 1-20-10

:(

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

These sharks almost never survive. I don't think it had anything to do with the care you gave it. We must be missing something very important with these fish. For some reason, the vast majority never eat in captivity. Even those that hatch from the egg in captivity don't seem to eat. Until someone figures out why they don't eat, we should probably leave them in the ocean.

·
Reefer Madness
1,357 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

These sharks almost never survive. I don't think it had anything to do with the care you gave it. We must be missing something very important with these fish. For some reason, the vast majority never eat in captivity. Even those that hatch from the egg in captivity don't seem to eat. Until someone figures out why they don't eat, we should probably leave them in the ocean.
+1. They need much more room than we can supply in a domestic setting. Sorry for your loss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts