The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well THAT right there is just grooviness spelled funny!:cool:
Top of the morning Everyone and HAPPY SATURDAY!

25 heading to twice THAT for a high......best get a move on, because 25 isn't very motivational! Especially putting on my coveralls, and heading to the creek. Though only for a half day, THAT'S the cold half.

Coffee is on.....馃...right back.....Oooooooo, PB+J(Grape) on Buttermilk waffles sound appealing to me.

Does Everyone have the 'hard to find items' gotten already for their Thanksgiving feast? I did THAT shopping yesterday on way home from work.......White potatoes, and Turnips*(rutabagas), dinner rolls,and Pumpkin pies always disappear FAST round here. *(" Grew up calling turnips RUTABAGAS......We'All knew better, but still did, and still do. Don't know if'n THAT is a regional 'thing', but folks round here know what I'm talking about.")
NOW that I have the time critical items put away, I can do some leasurly shopping for the rest.

Hope a swell day at least, with high hopes for grandeur await All,
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The boss will be back *onday, so a short reprieve this year....,.,.,He's just finding it harder and harder to release the reins. BUT that's OK, the end of the season grows near......fingers crossed, 4-WEEKS. With Christmas falling on a Saturday this year will be 'interesting'. The 21st, Hack's birthday, is typically my 1st day off for winter break, and the boatyard's all closed up........due to the boss's new found not'letting'go'ness, I'm curious if he's planning on working most of the week leading into Christmas, or if we'll be off that entire week. Working for folks like him is real tough in the MAKING PLANS area?
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Time for PLAY THAT GAME......

With a fresh new weekend laying before us, let's once again play the game of 'Who comes closest to DOING what they have planned'.

TODAY......Half day at the creek. SUNNY... 馃 ......Take my Boy shooting. If He wins the missing center circle award he gets a trip to BAM......if'n the old Man wins, I get a clean Van. :cool:....HE'S GOOD by the way.....no 'give me's here!

This evening.....a big bowl, well 2 big bowls of pop corn as those two like garlic salt on their's and I DO NOT, and a movie night. Lazy I know, but LAZY FEELS SOOOOOOO GOOD AT TIMES! *("A give me PLAN-B is perfectly fine in this instance if'n THAT is hedged out with our WEEKLY POKER NIGHT.")

SUNDAY.....,Near 60 and cloudy.....馃......Perhaps 'smoking' something on the grill as a Family GAME DAY unfolds inside a cheery warm Home? Maybe a Pork roast, and make some Pulled Pork Sandwiches for dinner?

Com'on now Folks, pry that change out'a yer dusty pockets and put it all on the line for fun's sake,
Hack

Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
Good morning Hack , Hack , Hack and all to follow,

I think you may have drank a little too much coffee, lol:)

cool here but not like that, Shelby stayed over at Jacob鈥檚 and Gabi last night.

we just watch 20/20 then to bed early.

have a great Saturday

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack, Vinnie, and all of TRT! Where is Rick? He鈥檚 the other early riser. Jeff and Perry are up to their eyeballs in projects today. Hmmm maybe

WOW, somebody has a HUGE amount if energy thus morning. Maybe it鈥檚 the pancakes! If I had been here sooner, I would have offered you hot chocolate for your commute. Why is it that drink warms you up better than coffee or hot tea?

Bummer that your boss is holding on so tight. I hope you get Nate鈥檚 birthday off due to meritorious work.

Doug - Grrrrr that is super suckie about your lady friend鈥檚 deadline for [email protected]% paperwork. Yup, she needs to get out of that trailer!

Vinnie - What鈥檚 going in your corner today? I know! Your madly scribbling out your readiness for T-Day after Hack threw down the gauntlet.

Here I go with menu and shopping for Tday veggies...
Dinner will be at my home. Bobbi, Hal, and I like roasted root veggies, too, but we buy parsnips. They are also hard to find. One main thing we will have is stuffed acorn squash, possibly Better Than Meat sausage, some kind of cranberry something, and I don鈥檛 know what else. I like to cook, and Bobbi would rather clean up. I love that idea.r
Bobbi and I are going shopping on Monday morning, in hopes that the crowds won鈥檛 be so bad.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Super Moderator
Good morning Cath

not much gluon yet. Will see what the day bring.

we need to do some shopping also, we don鈥檛 buy a lot when we shop, do more small trips.

Super Moderator
Morning Doug, Saturday a good day for that. I have a little dog and he has to be under the covers against me, I move he crawls out and then back in.

Super Moderator
I hear ya on small trips. I don鈥檛 have much storage room. 馃槼
The reason is fresh stuff goes bad to fast, even milk. So we only get a half gallon at a time. And I would never want to unload and put away a full badly for of groceries when I get home.

Administrator
Remorning all, still cold and foggy here but supposed to clear up noonish. Need to get oil and filter, do oil change before heading up north TG

Super Moderator
It really nice here today, took the bike out for a ride to antique store to pick up a check and put a 20% off sale for thanksgiving week

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ohhhhhh...,.We're real oinkers when we go shopping......definitely allow the 'stomach' to fill the cart. We leave just enough room on top of the shopping cart for THAT STUPID LOOK we always get when they tell us the total. AND YES, thee's a LOT to carry in....especially when our 3 dogs love running out the door to help. 馃榿 Between Nate and I we go through at least 2 gallons of milk a day. THAT'S usually our one 'large trip' a week.......but on a daily bases on the way home from work, there's another 30-$50.00 bucks a day.......in our defense there are 3 dogs...,.,well 2 dogs and a blasted HORSE.....G.Pig, and a Cat.......well a 210 gallon tank that I gotta drag home an arm full of distilled water home a few times a week......

Cath that's GREAT Y'All being together for Turkey Day......ESPECIALLY when one of them doesn't mind doing dishes!
Jen , Hack and I LOVE TO COOK.....,.,.Jen decided in the very beginning to step aside on holidays and turn the meals over to me.....and I've been grooming Hack in our traditional cooking his whole life......We're a pair of book ends!

Hack

Super Moderator
If'n that is Jacob sitting down, and You on the engine? 馃Gotta work on our definitions of 'work'. 馃榿
Hack
No Jacob working and his friend Trevor sitting and watching

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OOOooohhhhhhh!
I'm still a 'rookie' around the Training Table, so I'll eventually get the hang of who's who.
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think 'you've got the WINNER' of the 2 Vinnie! 馃憤

I am NOT what you....well anyone one would call tech savvy.....took this long to steal a few photos from my computer.

People in nature Flash photography Happy Gesture Bride

Smile People in nature Flash photography Happy Gesture

This past summer at one our adopted Children's Family photo shoot.....and I haven't figured out yet how to get to them.....so these are off my computer screen with my phone. :rolleyes:
Hack

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
......Ooooops.....SORRY! That's Jen and I....She's on the left! 馃 馃榿 THAT'S the end of my 'technical abilities'.
Hack

1 - 20 of 32 Posts