The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......should have expected that.

Top of the morning, and HAPPY TUESDAY TO ALL!
Coffee's fresh and FREE, so dig in.

Loved the tour of your dark room Vinnie......a stroll down memory lane. And as in most things I've ever done in my life, there seems to be a regrettable lack of imagery. :(

The heat begins to build again today, mid 90's to get it started......so my continued challenge to learn how NOT TO STRESS will be upped a notch with heat as a contributing factor now.

Let's All go looking for GOOD,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,255 Posts
Good morning Hack, Rick and all ,

we had some heavy rain and some flooding in areas yesterday. Not sure how bad it was. But for the people that got water in their house I’m sure it bad. We live close to a river and it’s does cause problems.
Today will be a fish store run for food. Maybe a coral, if I find something I like for a cheap price.
Thank Hack, I enjoy the darkroom when I find time . Retired and I don’t find the time ,
time to slow down and pace yourself Hack.
Have a good day

·
Super Moderator
28,337 Posts
Good afternoon, Hack, Rick, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Very sorry to be so late to post something.

Hack - Good grief! It’s no wonder that device that’s supposed to track your heart fell off of you yesterday. And good you had a back up. Your dog needs to know about how that is made for people that have a sitdown job or some other kind of office job. It is absolutely not equal to the task that you do!

Rick, what’s going on at work today? I know you always find something to do, that’s what it means to be a good employee.

Vinnie, what’s this I hear about a tour through your dark room? Where can that be found?
Yikes all the flooding that went on in your area after a huge rainfall. I hope things have settled down a bit today.

Doug, those are some great photos of what helicopters do to carry water to a wildfire. What the current status of that fire?

Jeff, you are such a good family fix-it guy! Your family is very lucky to have you as their professional who CARES an out doing the job correctly. You’re absolutely right that your nephew needed to get rid of that warranty. It’s money in their pockets.
Good job on taking books and other items to the county run re—sale shop. Ummmmm I hope you didn’t vote those boxes of books too heavy. But, they can always unload them a few books at a time. It’s good to hear that money is used in the community….that’s being a good neighbor.

This morning I woke up at 5:15 to go to the loo and couldn’t go back to sleep. So I got up and had breakfast and texted with Bobbi a little bit and then I was exhausted. I went back to bed and slept till 9! I hate to be such a weenie about my healing process. I’m feeling much bette than I did earlier today.

That said, onward it upward!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone! With a heavy dose of grooviness thrown in there.

·
Super Moderator
22,696 Posts
Afternoon all,
Cath , the boxes of book are not huge( think office sized printer paper boxes , cuz that is what they are , heheh) plus they have “muscle” at their intake loading dock to heft the donations,,,,I’ve seen furniture /appliances/even safes being donated,,, so those fellas are getting off easy’ish with these book boxes. The book assortment ranges from “new” hardbacks, to stuff from pre-1900,, I kept some of the cooler (IMO) old books that would interest me /look good on a shelf, just cuz.

Texted Sis this morning with “no news is good news, right?” as far as oldest nephew’s a/c still working ,, she said he let her know last night it was cooling down the place,,, so at least my work is still functioning 👍🏼.
,,, and get this Cath, his cat is named Sophie 👍🏼too!

Currently putting in feathered kid time,,, the plan tomorrow is to clean cages etc.

Going to mom’s before the afternoon ( when the rumor is rain will be showing up) to bring the recent tree branches n such I piled up in the back, to the curb for pickup on Thursday. City/towns are picky when ya can put garbage cans n relateds to da curb🙄😂,,, I get it.

Hot n humid today,,, uggh.

Hope everyone is having a great day!👍🏼

·
Super Moderator
28,337 Posts
Hi, Jeff - thanks for the clarification for them size of the boxes caring books. From what you described it’s much smaller than what a book delivery arrives at the library. Of course you should keep some of the prime collectibles for yourself!

Good news that your nephew’s AC is still working. I had no doubts about that anyway. Oh and his cat’s name is Sophie? My sweet Sophie-girl is a medium hair gray tabby. What kind of cat is your nephew’s Sophie?

Awaiting to find out how Hack’s works day went….

Reactions: VWD

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Glad that AC i s still working Jeff, today was Ahem cooler but humidity was up.
Life is in turmoil, wed it will be a month since LF left. kinda rudely, 15th is her burfday, she was born 3 months before I came back with Family and newborn brother in Nov 58. Even tho she has ghosted me mostly I have strong feeling for her, I wnt to acknowledge her burfday and link a song . If you get a chance please email me , I really dont wanna spill feelings in public. I would hate to think people would think I have feelings,

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HOT day at the office......got home in time to go hit the Chinese buffet with the Family......OK, Chinesed out for a while.

Hack - Good grief! It’s no wonder that device that’s supposed to track your heart fell off of you yesterday. And good you had a back up. Your dog needs to know about how that is made for people that have a sitdown job or some other kind of office job. It is absolutely not equal to the task that you do!
Awaiting to find out how Hack’s works day went….
Yeah Cath, my 'DOG' knows THAT......it's the dad'burn Drs. that don't. 😁
Monitor stayed put.....more than I can say for my draws though.......I suspected one of my suspender straps may have had a hand in my monitor's demise yesterday, so only wore one strap over my shoulder rather than 2.......2 do a far better job holding things up. :ROFLMAO:

On top of everything else in the 'you got to be kidding me' dept., I jumped off a boat yesterday, and the hand rail found my, uhhhhhh, :unsure:......let's say something else got hit before my feet hit the ground.😱Yeah, that face pretty much explains it.

Hope the fires are behaving them selfs over there Doug......heard HEAVY RAIN may become a 50/50 blessing.....RAIN = GOOD......LIGHTENING = BAD.

Hope you are feeling some relief Cath from the COVID bugger boo.....been long enough. Was 3 grueling days for me, and finished out the week to not infect anyone with the hysteria.....I mean disease.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,255 Posts
Made it to local fish store , picked up mysis. Decided to by a whole box. And some green and purple nori. Not fun when every time I go I spend over a 100 for food. But it should last awhile.
Rained here most the day, stopped and picked up new wiper blades and installed them .

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
So far the humidity is up, temps are funky with humidity but we will get what we get, a couple of weeks of Hostile Indoor temps are starting wear on my. Dealing with the pool is exhausting and spendy. coming up on 2 month anniversert of divorce and a month later GF got to move up north, i am really struggling with stuff, esp since the chair collapes in back yard as I was working on pool filter. , fell ove backward landed on a thick branch, right below the rib cage, Hurts like Devil but self tru=iage is OK, no blood in urine or other markers , cept it HURTS

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
It hurts but what doesnt any more, I was on floor with Furgee, playing, she got me with a velociraptor dew claw fir a four inch gash, About the same time Thunder BOOMED overhead. Surprised she was so alerted and hyped, she has been around gunfire and OK with that

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Hopefully this is not the warning we got, lightning and wind are deadly this time of year, Gack i AM SO TIRED, DONT WANNA GO INTO EVAC MODE.
I will try to post updates but in case power out age I may or maynot have cell service

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
  1. HEY VINNIE....Fry Daddy....

I see there's another with your moniker.
    Just noticed this when I was looking at 'who's on line.
    Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW....that last post of mine was ALL SCREWED UP.....lots of editing.

I just noticed there was another 'Fry Daddy' on here.
Hack

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Just went down to store to see if they are ready, Ya, power go off, 5 min to lock up and gone, It is 99 in store
rw

1 - 20 of 24 Posts