The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah so I won this electric float switch and didnt know cuse when I put the bid on it I waited untill like 5 seconds left and placed the bid and when I was done bidding all it said was "time expired", so my wife looks in her spam box and saw that it will be here in two weeks and thinking I didnt win it I just went to Grainger and just bought it from the store, so if anybody needs one or could just use it for somthing let me know

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, Yeah whats up with that huh, that was my first time using ebay so I geuss its a lesson learned the hard way, which I always said is somtimes the best way to learn....SOMETIMES, and I already have my ATO up running well, so thought I would help someone who might need it

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
Yeah you can have this one im not tryin to make any money jst tryin to help someone out
Well I'm getting a reef keeper light and i think it requires the special connection and the price of that plus shipping I think would be about the same, besides I got a big budget from my wife, so i'll pass this time, and let someone who hasn't got the wife unit to approve of the float, a chance to get one! ;)

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL ok, yeah thats awsome I read that thread of yours, tryied to make the same thing happen with tax returns but no luck to many bills this time, but is cool cuse I bought the ballasts to start my lighting build upgrade gonna get the reflectors next weekend cant wait, well anyway that awsome of you Nate_Bro to pass it on to someone else, well if anybosy else needs it let me know

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
LOL ok, yeah thats awsome I read that thread of yours, tryied to make the same thing happen with tax returns but no luck to many bills this time, but is cool cuse I bought the ballasts to start my lighting build upgrade gonna get the reflectors next weekend cant wait, well anyway that awsome of you Nate_Bro to pass it on to someone else, well if anybosy else needs it let me know
see the only way I can save up ANY money without my wife knowing, is to over pay my taxes each pay check, haha don't tell my wife, and ya thats how i do it, I just tell her they keep raising my taxes, but really It's a way to put some money aside for a year, and not have to worry about those long term CD's and MM.... also I get my money at the best time of the year!!!!

EVERYTHING is on sale at this time, so its a win win win situation!

I have been doing this for years, I started doing it the year after we got married and it just kinda stuck over the years. Its a little risky, letting the government hold your money for awhile, but if something happed to the government I don't think it would really mater where your money was, you know?

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
see the only way I can save up ANY money without my wife knowing, is to over pay my taxes each pay check, haha don't tell my wife, and ya thats how i do it, I just tell her they keep raising my taxes, but really It's a way to put some money aside for a year, and not have to worry about those long term CD's and MM.... also I get my money at the best time of the year!!!!

EVERYTHING is on sale at this time, so its a win win win situation!

I have been doing this for years, I started doing it the year after we got married and it just kinda stuck over the years. Its a little risky, letting the government hold your money for awhile, but if something happed to the government I don't think it would really mater where your money was, you know?
Yeah your right, very intresting see I dont really know much about taxes I never thought about that but thats a really good way to save, do you get everything you overpay back everytime?

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
O yeah what I tried is claim 0 at the begining of the year then when I do my taxes then I claim my wife and kids, I only just tried this year there was a little bit of a difference but not much

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
Yeah your right, very intresting see I dont really know much about taxes I never thought about that but thats a really good way to save, do you get everything you overpay back everytime?
YES, well if you don't count your dependences, when you get your W-2?(number) there is a box there for ADDITIONAL withholdings and thats where I put my money.

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL yeah little of the subject huh, but thats a good idea for thread for sure

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
I just went to Grainger and just bought it from the store, so if anybody needs one or could just use it for somthing let me know
You got a better one from Grainger anyway... You did get the Madison float switch right? I have seen alot of those cheap eBay ones fail, while I have not lost a single Madison switch yet..

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it's one of those Madison float switches, its good to hear that it's worked so great for you, thanks for letting me know, yeah its worked great so far for me also it always stays at the right level, Ive been looking for a small RO/DI unit I can install under my tank stand to keep my ATO container full, but it's still up for grabs the one I got off ebay its a Horizon float switch I guess it will be here in two weeks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts