The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good, bad or indifferent, it's still *onday.....so let's start out with opti*ism.....HAPPY *ONDAY!

Coffee is up, and cookies n *ilk fr an ingenious start. Has anyone noticed in their neck of the woods that Famous Amos chocolate cookies are no longer on the shelves......and haven't been round here for *onths? A covid thing, or politically incorrect so*ehow? 🤔:cautious:

50/50 on rain today, but 80 again.......NOT looking forward to heading in today.....*y internal sunshine is a horrendous super celled F5!

Peace.....oh yeah......PEACE,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack,and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and cookies and milk! I’ll add PB toast (white or multigrain), nanners and apples. I looked up Famous Amos an found no evidence that the name was changed or any other reason why your store shelves are bare.

Good luck at the yard today. Stand your ground for what is best for YOU and your family! Maintain your dignity.

Going to get my Pfizer booster this am.

Lots of love and and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Good *orning Hack. Cath and all.

Thanks for the coffee,

Good luck today Hack. I hope it's a s*ooth day for you,

They told me to wait on *y booster shot for another month.

As far as the cookies. never heard of them. who knows it's gotten a little crazy this past year and a half,

Have a good day

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Morning gang, Hack I hope this resolves satisfactorily for all.
Day two back at work o telling what will be revealed. One to think of it we haven't had Famous Amos cookies in store for a long time. Probably got edged out by local cookies.
I am eligible for booster next week
Hope the day treats you all well

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Afternoon all,
Hope things work out for the best Hack.

Not “ready” for a booster quite yet in my case, but I DID get my flu shot today when I picked up a script( no issues with this med, heheh) this morning.

picked up some paint for the “bird room” and the hardware store next door to CVS,have everything but gumpshun now, sigh.

Rained pretty well yesterday evening , the terra firma here needed it.

Got it in my head I “needed” a German Shepherd pup around here( yeah, I know,,,got a large enough pack here already) scoped out a few breeders and inform those in the know to let me know what they come up with. Have not had a GSD from a pup in prob 30 yrs.All that time was filled with adoption/rescue adults, not a bad thing but I’ve been itching on having a pup to have and mold from the get go.While Blyth and I were “Don’t shop-adopt” believing folks, but I hold on to the thinking that while there are way too many dogs of all sorts needing Furever homes( Think SIX dogs here help that with helping those dawgs
In need ;) ) from shelters and rescues, I am ok with breeders that breed for the particular dog with loving the breed and not doing so in a backyard or nasty garage . A new GSD pup here is not a ASAP thing, but a “I’ll keep my eyes out, do my research on breeders and when it happens it happens .

Now working on getting the ambition up for a little bit of wall prep in the bird room, then on to full scale painting. Don’t place any bets on me doing that today, I’m waiting on the gumpshun truck to deliver today, haha.

On to the rest of the day, that is if I can get the 2 long dogs that decided they needed to crash on my lap to keep me from floating out of this recliner, geez.(plus I think they are thinking that if they are on my lap, they are guaranteed being at the ready , when feeding time comes around in a 1/2 hrs, sigh.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Dog Vertebrate Mammal Comfort Carnivore

Reactions: cath

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
My manager had a litter of adorable pitty pups, I am currently digress cept for housemates dawg, they are moving soon but my daughter has a brindle Pitt. She is a sweet but 2 would. Be a handful. I have my heart set on an Airdale or a Russian Terrier or a GSD tho when I met THE DOG I will know

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good evening, gang!

Here I am eating a super duper russet potato, wondering what happened with Hack today..

What we have here is a room full of guys wanting another dog and one guy wanting a large bird as well. Alrighty then. I’m not going that route, since my Sophie is the sweet 18 YO cat that’s just right. Talk away, guys, I’m ready to read about your plans for another dawg.

Famous Amos cookies are great! I might check around here...

Peach crisp ready to share. Reach those bowls over here..... I bet someone has vanilla ice cream to share.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Folks......

A 'frustrating day' would kind of sum it up. I of course was at work my typical hour'ish early, and beings the boss lives right acrossed the meadows and knows EXACTLY when I get there, he opted to not be early. Nor was there time during the day set aside, other than for about 2 minutes when there was just the 2 of us walking across the yard where he said we're alone and can talk now....Uhhhhh, NP we can't. He acted all buddy buddy/nothing happened...... :mad:

Seems most of South Jersey evidently knew about me QUITTING.....at least I know that's what happened now.
He's avoiding this with 'niceness', and I'm gonna have to find time to give him a reality check.

ANYWAY.......
Dogs, Birds, Cats, .......Hmmmmmmmm🤔....REEF FORUM!😁

Got it in my head I “needed” a German Shepherd pup around here( yeah, I know,,,got a large enough pack here already) scoped out a few breeders and inform those in the know to let me know what they come up with. Have not had a GSD from a pup in prob 30 yrs.All that time was filled with adoption/rescue adults, not a bad thing but I’ve been itching on having a pup to have and mold from the get go.While Blyth and I were “Don’t shop-adopt” believing folks, but I hold on to the thinking that while there are way too many dogs of all sorts needing Furever homes( Think SIX dogs here help that with helping those dawgs
In need ;) ) from shelters and rescues, I am ok with breeders that breed for the particular dog with loving the breed and not doing so in a backyard or nasty garage . A new GSD pup here is not a ASAP thing, but a “I’ll keep my eyes out, do my research on breeders and when it happens it happens .
Understand COMPLETELY Jeff! Done rescues for sooooooo long, and have loved them all.......but there had always been that itch for a puppy with a clean slate to train up right. Last one, Jack *** Hanna, our 'Jack Russel' that most decidedly WAS NOT, was our last puppy.......and bet that was near on 20+ years ago. We miss them all, but we miss Jackie girl....she was the 'momma' of our heards.

So when we heard about a Great Dane puppy, a breed I/We had always wanted, we jumped at it......well that 'puppy' aged fast....4 months old, turned into 12 months old.....Yeah, but Chloe is OUR'S and we lover her to pieces!

Having roast beef 'sliders' with American cheese and Jersey tomatoes. And Kit Kats for desert. Still don't know if Famous Amos fell from grace, folded, or wasn't a big seller......but I MISS THEM!

Peace Everyone,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
I hope it gets his attention Hack, maybe an hour lets for a "medical emergency" some times a kick in the forked end is a wake up call

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Evening all,
Hack, I’m sure you will find/get some one on one with Da boss, and clear the air.

AND, when TRT’s sister forum was around( a bird forum with a good number of dual members ) we talked about reefin’ on it , haha.( And dawgs/cats and critters).

Kinda narrowed down a GSD breeder about 3 hrs north, anyone involved with GSDs knows of them . Not that it’s a deal killer , but I imagine it’ll be sticker shock when I learn what their pups go for. Not diving in yet, just dangling the tootsies in the proverbial water for now. Plus I’ll have to get things situated if/when a parrot or parrots ends up here this weekend. Started prep work on the bird room, will prob paint tomorrow.

Dern ring finger is still bothering me, feels like a NBA star player let loose with a hard pass to the tip on my finger and jammed it. Alternated ice and hot wax therapy cycles a few times during the day, can’t say it helped. The swelling at the back of my hand is hiding my knuckles currently, and of course I’m a Lefty so my luck has it being my left hand as the owwie one.
Old and broken is not how I thought being almost 63 was gonna go, sigh.

Getting the new truck’s front windows tinted early tomorrow morning. The place deals in truck accessories, trailers and golf carts mostly, I might have to wait at the road until the truck is done, so my eyes tell my brain to open my wallet and get some “goodies”. But pretty sure I’ll drive outa there with only what I originally made a appt. for .

Hope everyone had a great day!

Reactions: cath

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Good evening,

All this dog talk, I have enough with our two, ones so old not now and the yokkie is a jerk. Lol no more dog for us. Our cat is great and no problem.
Find for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts