The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope all of you have been doing well! I've been working some incredible hours lately so I've not been out here much. As you can see I'm burning the late night (or early morning) oil!

Big plans for the weekend and I'm looking forward to it! Got the new 180 in this past weekend. :dance: Had to wait 7 weeks to get it the way I wanted it, (first one wasn't right; reordered with custom specs) but it was well worth the wait. Had to order some plumbing supplies in for it as I couldn't get the bulkheads locally. I thought they might be commonly available so didn't get them in advance. I sure was wrong about that!

Off to the Ponderosa (ride 'em cowboy Hoss and Little Joe!) for an all you can eat breakfast and watching the festivities on Sunday. Haven't been up there before, it'll be fun to see where they filmed the show etc.

Monday is a barbecue with friends and a birthday celebration on top of that.

Also promised my son we'd fly his new rf controlled B2 plane he got from his aunt. Neither of us has done this type of thing before, so I hope we bring it home in one piece!

Did I say I had a tank to work on?? Not going to get much done I don't think :)

Hope all of you have a safe and wonderful weekend!

Phil

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Good Saturday morning everyone. It's finally dry in GA.:) I've got a ton of yard work to do today.

Everyone have a great weekend.:)

125G's said:
Also promised my son we'd fly his new rf controlled B2 plane he got from his aunt. Neither of us has done this type of thing before, so I hope we bring it home in one piece!
You may want to check with the local club and find an instructor. They'll usually help you for free. It's not easy for a beginner. I would hate to hear your son crashed his new plane.:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea..... I've heard a number of nightmare stories about flying these things, controls seem backwards, you gotta watch the wind, wires, trees. Of course that assumes you can get it off the ground!! :D

·
Super Moderator
22,700 Posts
Mornin ' All! hope everyone has a great weekend and holiday(remember why have the holiday)kinda chilly this am,,gonna road (carpet) test my new carpet steam cleaner today b4 i go to work,,,,(if ya knew me , this IS a big deal) :rolleyes: :funny:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning TRT!

Just took my first sip of hot coffee and hopefully wake up here in a few minutes!;)

It is going to be one warm day here in Montana! May hit the 90 degree mark! Then it is supposed to cool down starting tomorrow!

Going to my son's place on Sunday and going fishing and then having a nice cook out after! Pat is even going to throw in a fish line!:D

Everyone please have a safe and enjoyable start to the long weekend!:beer: :dance:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
phil i would recommend some instrcution from a local club as well.

i used to race radio controlled cars around the country for a while (even got sponsored, and wond up i na few magazines :D)

one weekend a buddy let me try out his plane.. BIG mistake. i crashed that thing so fast it wasnt funny. it was even less funny, when he said, "you know how much you owe me now right?"

they are a bit backwards, and lots of controls. its a very rewarding hobby, and lots of fun, AFTER you learn to fly them.

not much going on here today. just got home, on my way to the bank, then gonna get some more work done on the stand. heading out to HD in a bit to pick up some or the rest of the skin for the bottom of the stand and the cabinet. then spend the rest of the weekend working on that.

havea great day everyone!

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Good Morning! I'm heading out of town for the weekend. My best friend from high school is having a baby shower, so I feel obligated to go. Also, it means I can leave all puppy duties with Andy for a day or two. :)

Time for coffee, a quick packing job, and hit the road. :)

Have a great weekend everyone!
Danielle

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm in the middle of a tank renovation (taking out all liverock, scrubbing hair algae off, putting back in) for my 72 Gal. Managed to catch a Eunice spp. polychaete that was 3 FEET long:bigeek: :bigeek: Freaked my wife out sumpin' good. No special plans for the weekend, weather's too cruddy, but my son's fourth birthday party will be this monday. Arrrrrhhh Matey! It's a pirate theme thing. Wish me luck.

·
Super Moderator
28,346 Posts
GOOD MID-MAWNIN' TRT!!! I can't believe it! I slept in for the first time in a loooong while and I managed to miss the ice cubes and pincer brigade!! Yipes, Jay! Don't tell me you've become a slacker on that! I thought I whupped you into shape with that detail ;) Now's my chance to get the others!

What a lot of fun folks are having this weekend. On the other hand, Chip Wick...I've been there with the tank renovation and Aiptaisia and Majano.... and that is THE MOST fun I've had with this tank :)

Today I have the same yard clean up like Rick and the others on the East Coast and of course tank work.

Good news with my tank is that not all my new peppermints were consumed by the wrasse and tomato clown. Saw one peekin' out this week:dance:

Got so much to do I don't know where to start. Cleaning my carpet like Jeff mentioned would be one thing.....:eek:

Peace and love to everyone!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good three day weekend Saturday to everyone!!!!!!

Going to attempt to get all yard work done early, so I won't feel so guilty about finishing the new 90 up.....got the MH going and just going to finish the VHO's and closed loop plumbing.....and It is done!!!!!!!!!wooooohoooooooooooo.........

Been cycling for 3 weeks now......I will post pics later this weekend.....(think I am going to rearrange the furniture too....Don't tell my wife:eek: :eek: )

Have a great weekend!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.