The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ok so i look from left to right through my tank with the lights off and it looks clear as day................with the atinics on it looks the same...........when the 10,000k kicks on not so much............is that weird...............what the heck...........my protein skimmer wasnt worn in yet and im waiting to get the aqua lifter pump to really jack my cpr overflow up so i can crank the mag 7 in the sump up.........so filtration isnt at its peak , but still tis weird?????????

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
that white light will show alot of tiny particles, i wouldnt worry to much, it will all settle down when you get it tuned in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does it look clear with just to 10k blubs on?

When I used to run actinics, I noticed that my tank looked cloudy with just those on but once I fired up the MH blubs, the tank looked clear. It might have just been my eyes though. :arg:

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
I 2nd what leveldrummer said. The MH's will probably highlight more stuff that is in the water column. The other thing you may want to do is take your hand and wipe off the inside glass. Sometimes small dust and stuff will stick to it, giving your tank a cloudy appearance when in fact it isn't as bad as it looked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts