The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a coral beauty for my 90 gal. About 30 min. after she was let to roam free, she saw my coral banded shrimp and started rubbing up against it. Like she thought it was a cleaner shrimp or something. I did find this amusing, because the banded shrimp kept snapping at her. I can't help think that maybe the beauty might have some desease or parasite that it needs a cleaner shrimp to take care of.
What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it if she looks healthy,maybe she just likes him.:beer:

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Fish can be weird. I have a damsel that rubs all over a scooter blenny. And I was worried it would attack it! As soon as the lights come on the damsel will find the blenny and say wake up and dig it out of the sand.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Certainly could be a "bad" sign, but now only time will tell - one of the reasons why QTing is so important.

KG

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Well, in the wild the only reason I can think of that a fish like that would approach an invertibrate like that is for cleaning. Just because yours wants to be cleaned, doesnt nessierely mean shes got parasites. My domino damsle approaches my cleaner shrimp cleaning station like everyday to be cleaned, but the fish showas no signs of disease. Just Keep an I on her and see if she developes any spots or other symtoms along those lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts