The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I get to start the morning thread?!?

Well, I have some time this morning having nearly finished the lecture content of the new class and will begin working on the hands-on labs next. I've been having an issue with MS Office so its reinstalling as I type.

Sorry, I've been out of touch lately as was at a peak time of the new class project. Was getting up early and working late.

Anyway, wanted to come by and see if everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We went to one of Carrie's brothers Christmas eve and had a nice visit. Christmas day we opened a few gifts between us and prepared to go to one of her daughter's homes. Only one other daughter and boyfriend came and we watch the foster child open her gifts and then exchanged some between us. Came home about 8 and went to bed shortly afterwards. All in all it was nice and comfortable.

Hope everybody else at TRT had a Merry Christmas too.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,392 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS Mark! Good morning to you and all our Friends as they drop in today, and....HAPPY WEDNESDAY! We also had a blessed and MERRY Christmas here also Mark. We've started getting some of your Wisconsin COLD weather around here this week.....brrrrrrrrr! After the breakfast feast we share Christmas morning, and yesterday's left overs of said feast, I'm good with my coffee and some Thomas's English muffins and an assortment of jellies. Haven't a clue what the day holds in store for us, but am positive it is 'SOMETHING'. Hope all are safe and sound, and wishing everyone all the best,
Hack

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
Happy Hump Day Mark,Hack and all to come! Thanks for the coffee and breakfast Hack! I’m so done with installing and adding! (Got the small IPad Pro and Mac Air)going crazy and I’m just made an appointment at apple (earliest time is tomorrow and the 3 other store say Saturday!) who ever says apple is easy must have a worm in there head! Enjoy the day everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happy Hump Day to you too George!

Yeah, our company offers either Windows or Apple laptops and I just didn't want to go back to Apple OSes again...not as easy as they say. So, I stick with MS, not that it's that much better. I used to be a *nix kinda guy but don't really want to have to mess with that either.

·
Administrator
46,690 Posts
Good Morning all, Beer and Grocery day, it is gonna be a zoo
Hope the day is kind

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,392 Posts
HUMP DAY? Oooooooops! :doh: This is going to take a while to get use to again. Forgot I just got a post card from these Gents......one of them 'Wishing you were here' kind. Top of the morning to you George! Yeah Mark, maybe not Wisconsin sorta cold after all......but 20 with a high of 30 kind of cold.
Hack

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,091 Posts
Morning all ,,,

A wee bit cold this morning ,,, -6 with a “Feels like” of -21 degrees,,,so no plans for anything much outside for sure. Can’t help but reminisce how much of a bad day(or night ) at work when super cold temps made for lousy and cold related pain when ‘lectrical stuff needed my presence.....today I’m glad I’m retired LOL.

Coffee on here ,,, enjoying a late start to my day with the dawgs letting me sleep in a bit longer than usual.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,195 Posts
Morning all. Power went out twice for an hour or so. The woodburner is immune to outages and EMP bombs.

Nice balmy 5 out, so cheating doing ribs in the pressure cooker then baking sauce on in the oven.

Getting going on our barn wall with black iron. Now Denise would like a middle window to outside. Cutting a hole in the house should get my phone from work ringing.

Happy Hump Day all.

·
Administrator
46,690 Posts
Nothing like a critical home project to get them calling saying you needed to be there yesterday ;)
So far morning temps have been around 37-38 when I go open store, highs not quite 50 but I will take it:)
Grocery delivery is a day behind due to Holiday, give us something to do tomorrow ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Hello a day late. :funny:

This is what I typed yesterday and forgot to submit reply:

Good mawnin', TRT!

Coffee is ready. Let's have homemade bread French toast this AM. VT maple syrup or fresh fruit.

Hack - your story about ice skating reminds me of my childhood. Mt Gretna resort is in Lebanon County, PA. Dad used to work there in the summer, but in the winter others were on call to deal with folks who thought the ice was deep enough for skating. Not good for those skaters. But the rest of us went skating at a place in our neighborhood where the fire department opened up a hydrant to create a rink. Fun for everyone!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Click send, cath. :doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts