The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top of the morning to everyone around the TRT Training Table, and too all who wish they could join us but are too shy, or don't know they CAN........HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY!

Near 90 and partly cloudy.....so will opt for the positive side of life and say PARTLY SUNNY as well.
Looks like perhaps 2 days of high % chance of rain lies ahead though.....will put a more 'positive spin' on it as it arrives.

Coffee is up.....and an extra heaping of STRONG for Rick when he pulls up his chair. If I weren't so lazy I'd pull the chair out for the Capt'n to join us, but these Hershey Buds are just sooooooo blasted handy!

Back to PT tonight on the way home.
Wondrous hopes for All,
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
262 Posts
Im up, thanks Hack. Morning all. Rain this morning and some of Hacks partly sunny in the afternoon but only a high of 73. You can start to feel the season changing in the mornings now.

·
Super Moderator
27,348 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Hack - Thanks for the powerful coffee and Hershey Kisses! Tye will go quite well with the nanner and walnut oatmeat that I made.
Drat that will have have 4 more extended days due to PT. But it’s god that your doc cares enough to make sure you are healed.

Rick - OUCH with your grueling Tuesday. That’s a royal pain! I hope you can get your department on top of things soon.

I’m running out of time to get my real ID. Was hoping to do it this am, but I can’t find my birth certificate and marriage license. I saw both as I was packing to move.....🤔🤪

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
22,244 Posts
Morning all,
Offering up coffee for those in need . As soon as the coffee IV kicks in here I’ll work up a plan for breakfast grub.

Pics of the new trailer hooked up to the truck below. Rattle spray can painted a few spots in need on the frame,cleaned some kind of crud I’ve not seen on new tires and gave it the once over and put it back out back behind the pole barn for now.

I’m due for a new license in a month and some days ,will round up what documents needed to prove me is me. Since I need to plate the new trailer and the new truck ( has a 45 day temporary plate) and will prob transfer the plate off the old truck to the new , since the old truck won’t see a road unless/until it takes the Green Mile ( or sell it) I will probably renew my drivers license at that time.

Have a bunch of “stuff” arriving today via snail mail, Amazon,FedEx.and Amazon. The only delivery I need to be here and assist offloading is the pallet of forklift arms and the base attach plate for them. They will replace the clamp on fork arms that go on the loader bucket . Sure, it does the job but having the bucket being part of the fork lift imitation makes for weird angles/operation. Luckily two pins and unhooking the bucket gets the bucket off and reverse the procedure to put on the incoming forklift arms and its base/attach plate . Also lucky is, the clamp on’s ought to be a easy sell on FB marketplace, since it’s a universal application for anything with a loader bucket.

The rest of the deliveries consist of truck/tractor/home/goodies stuff.

Since I gotta be hanging around the house for the tractor stuff( like I REALLY had to go anywhere, heheh) might as well lower the green stuff in sight of the road/driveway to see when the FedEx semi backs in the driveway or parks at the road to offload the 450# pallet.

Gotta put in calls to a couple of tree taking down places, to get estimates on dropping the 3 huge maples and tulip tree. The thought of not having those trees to drop leaves, maple seed “helicopters” landing in the gutters plus the increasing incidence of medium plus sized branches somehow ( so far) landing on the house, power lines etc. is moving into the “sooner the better” category for getting it done.

Knee /leg is still being a literal pain, located the mid-support brace and strapped it on this morning. It does take away some of what is bothering me. I’m fine with whatever percentage of pain decrease offered.

On to the day

Hope everyone has a great day!
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Car Wheel Tire Plant Car Automotive tire

Reactions: cath

·
Administrator
47,197 Posts
Morning everyone, no rain here yet, hi around 80 . Coffee reinforcements are up if you need more.
Cath I got mine upgraded to real ID earlier this year since I had to renew anyway. I got my passport card last year, it only good for Canada,Mexico and carribean.. Due to Coronanoia it took 10 months to get it, had I known it would take that long I would have gotten to full on international version, but I got the card as real ID in case I had to go to a Federal or Military facility for FEMA or fire traing and Oregon was not set up for Real ID license at the time. With a passport it is not that hard but being a woman good thinking on marriage license cause you need to show proof of name change from original birth certificate.
Busy day today one coworker has dr appt the other is getting 4 wisdom teeth extracted so it will be me manager on delivery day, oh goody
Hope the day treats everyone well

·
Administrator
47,197 Posts
Jeff you snuck in while I was typing on tablet, its slower than using a real key board. Nice trailer, looks like it will come in handy, I have access to one similar to that with a 5 ton winch on front to ease some loading chores

·
Super Moderator
22,244 Posts
Almost afternoon here all,

What do you call someone that orders TWO forklift arms and only one shows up on the semi?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go figger ,my luck or lack of it showed up just now.
Driver started a claim/investigation on the missing one, time will tell what comes from it.(think one arm weighs out at 150 # , not like it’s a easy to lose fingernail trimmer , sigh).

Was off on the pallet weight. ( woulda been what it actually weighed had the 2nd fork arm been on it
Invoice showed “612#” total.

One good thing being , I don’t need-need the stuff right away.

Welcome to my world, heheh.

My day got a lil better when the Amazon truck showed up 10 minutes after I put the partial pallet away, and the driver said “good morning Jeff, how are you doing today?” . I knew darn well she read my name of the box prior to handing it to me, but was a feel good/friendly thing to do.
Don’t have a regular driver , so I get seemingly new ones every delivery, so not like we had a “history “.

Dunno if I have anything else showing up today, but will check items out ASAP, since I’m not sure my luck ( bad) has ebbed quite yet, haha.

Back to the day,

Reactions: cath

·
Administrator
47,197 Posts
Trying to log into here from my laptop which has my data saved, gotta do 2 step verification using
Email code, I am used to this except no code sent in my email of record on any device.
After years of modding this forum I am notembracing the brave new world. This new format makes no sense to me :(

·
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was ready to call You Doug the other week when I had to use that 2-part thingy for the 1st time.....almost said ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
Hack

·
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah Jeff, I'm quite familiar with being an 'enigma' myself.....100% guarantee....well with a 'rare exception'. HI FOLKS....I'M RARE!

An honest day's work on the creek, and PT out of the way. A pair of scrambled egg sandwiches to fill the void.
Hot shower, and an early snoozer sounds about fitting.
Peace n lollipops Kids,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,348 Posts
Years ago is was really a non exiting club, Macho Men Reefers. We used it in our signatures, The women had their own.
don t remember what it was called.
we discontinue using it I think because some people felt left out.
The women called themselves “BRW” for “Bizarre Reefer Women.”
😝

·
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Years ago is was really a non exiting club, Macho Men Reefers. We used it in our signatures, The women had their own.
don t remember what it was called.
we discontinue using it I think because some people felt left out.
What say you Cath....familiar with the 'girls side'?
Amazing how 'things' get started......still got a bounty on the creator of (*=M's)GEORGE!
Hack

·
16,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bizarre Reefer women, and Mach Men Reefers.....YUP, that explains a lot! 😁
Hack

1 - 20 of 25 Posts