The Reef Tank banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I feel like I am cheating a little bit, but it IS Wednesday morning, and at least the critters from the road trip are doing well...

Heh, had a blast in Atlanta (as usual), got to see a lot of the TRT crowd there, got rid of some sand, picked up the salt from Jenn (finally), picked up the survivor that she rescued from the shipping accident (and he is doing quite well!) along with a few more cukes and a barbecued hot dog (long story), a few Heniochus butterflyfish, a nice little Pocillipora meandrina, an absolutely RED RED RED Montipora capricornis and a beautiful electric blue Maxima. We didn't really spend a bunch of cash, the trip was great, and I got to clean up the carport to boot!

heh heh heh, I even got to keep Jenn's towel for another month...
:p

funny, she wouldn't let me have the other matching towel...:eek:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Morning all (also cheating haven't been to bet yet). Got off early rarity that I would post before 4am and not be at work. Going to go to bed here in about 15 minutes and get some early night sleep for once....hopefully that means I can wake up around 8-9 and get some really good work done on the stand. Would like to have the edges spackled and ready to be sanded.

BTW, I need some help with trim Ideas. My walls are white and the baseboard trim is white. I don't really want to go white with white trim on the stand but that might be the only way for it to not look tacky. Any ideas (other than black JAY!) Would wood grain trim look tacky?

Dave

·
Super Moderator
28,373 Posts
Good Mawnin' Tom and Dave and all the rest of TRT :) Cut down the snorning you guys! Don't wanna wake up the crew with that :p

Tom ....and you wonder why I don't wanna go down on a Tuesday night. Arrival back here at 3 AM?? Noooo But sounds like lots of fun down there.

Dave, my first thought is that white would be hard to keep clean. And so is black, I've found out :rolleyes: I know that's a lot of help from me. heheh

Lots of love to everyone out there in TRT land.

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Great morning to everyone.... thanks for telling them to keep the snoring down Cath..but it was to late...I'm up...*sniff* ;)

Oh...Danielle...

GOOD LUCK ON THE TEST!!!!

She is taking her HUGE medical exam today!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Good morning TRT! I am up earlier than usual and I don't even have to work today! Sasha (the puppy is up early and is chasing the cats around the house. I am in the basement and it sounds like a herd of elephants are running around upstairs. Danielle is taking the boards today, so keep her in your thoughts. I have a feeling that she won't be posting here before the test today.

It is a little rainy this morning, but it should clear up shortly. Hopefully it will turn into a nice day.

Have a great Wednesday TRT!

Andrew:)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning Everyone!

Well here I am home and not been to work yet! We had a bad storm late last night and we were awaken by a large crash of thunder and lightning around midnight and it lit up our whole bedroom!:eek:

Power must have went off temporarily as I slept in so will be going to work shortly!!

We'll having pizza at work for setting some production goals today!

Well need to get ready for work but not in any big hurry!;)

Have a great Wednesday everyone!:D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
well good luck danielle!!! make us proud!!!!

dave, i'm thinking maybe a blue trim, if yo uare going with a blue backed tank. but then again blue trim may look cartoonie or tacky.

i think wood trime would look fine. maybe stained a darker color, like oak or something. i belive you said the furniture in the basement was wood. maybe stain it to match the furniture. on the bright side, the trim is wood to start with, so you could place it all where it goes, stand back, and see what you think.

i agree with you that white on white wont look very good. but who knows. i wasnt sure how black on white would turn out either. but i'm pretty happy with it.

i had a really long night at work. lots of paperwork. man who'd have thought that closing down a busines required more work than keeping it open :rolleyes:

gonna take my tanks over today for drilling ! woohoo!!! the ni'm picking up all my plumbing this weekend!!!

but first, it's nap time!

everyone have a great day!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Morning Everybody!

ReefDave. All white doesn't seem a bad idea to me, even the trims. I would say it'd look really nice. Check Casey's stands.
You could also stain the stand, and paint the trims white, or light gray.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
he cant stain the stand.. too many mistakes to cover :D :funny:

i'm not laughing AT you dave, i'm laughing WITH you ;) afterall, i was forced to paint too because of mistakes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good morning TRT! No chemical structures to post today (although I take requests :funny: ). We have somewhat successfully painted the bedroom and bathroom. I say somewhat because we masked thetrim with masking tape, and the ceiling wiuth painter's tape, and when we removed it, the masking tape tried to take paint off the wall so I have some detailing to do now, and the painter's tape actually took some pretty good size chunks of paint off the ceiling. Geoff gets to fix that 'cause he's taller.

:rolleyes:

**Good luck Danielle!!**

Dave - If you do wood trim, make it a darker stain. We had a hite stand with light wood trim, and it was okay but not great. Just MHO. You could also do a "decorative painting technique" like colorwashing or stippling, etc, with two colors. I have no idea what other colors are in the room you will have the tank in, but maybe using an accent color on the stand would be nice. Like light/dark yellow, or light/dark gray. We could send you a gallon or four... :rolleyes:

Now we have to get ready for BRAG, and maybe when we get back after next week we can start stand-planning!

:dance:

·
Super Moderator
22,707 Posts
Mornin All!
back to working 3-11's after my one day off,,,,
gotta run over to my cousins b4 work to help pick up /load a couple big rolls of 6 ft cyclone fence,,,motive/incentive to volunteer,,,,:rolleyes: i get what he does not use , to utilize for my yet-to - be contructed outdoor dog kennnels:D
best of all , the price is right:funny: FREE!(everyone repeat the Junkzoo motto::: "If it's FREE, it's for ME!":funny: :funny: )
Good luck on the test , Danielle!:beer:

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
morning all. i am so tired. painting, getting miles in on the bike, and mowing the lawn. only 2 more days of this till we leave for BRAG.org.

Good Luck Danielle!!!

you prolly do not want colour suggestions from me on the stand. for me the brighter the better.

i really need to get down to one of the Atlanta reef meetings sometime.

G~

P.S.-when is the picnic?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Good Mornin' from wet and wild central Indiana....promises of more rain today...go to work at 3..

Danielle, good luck on the exam...
Reefman..maybe painting the trim a shade or two darker than the body of the stand...maybe a color to coordinate with other colors in the room?

Cath, any pancakes left over from yesterday??

Tom, Drew is doing pretty well...he doesn't spend as much time with the tank as he did....usually he spends time when I say "hey Drew, look at this!" that 12 year old attention span is constantly wandering.....
sounds like you guys had a good trip to Atlanta...congrats on the new additions...the red monti sounds great...

Jeff, I think I need to build outdoor kennels also...(4 labs / mixes, 2 cats)

everyone have a great day...

bob

·
Registered
852 Posts
Mornin all,

GOOD LUCK Danielle :)

Rainy and dark today, I just won't look out the windows... ;)

Dave, how about a taupe color - NIce neutral color and should really make the tank stand out. I love the look of this room though I can't remember who the tank belongs to now :rolleyes:

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Morning folks! Wednesday already, time is going by too fast!

ReefDave; is the stand a white-white? I've found that a dark off-white or even a light sand/tan color makes a very nice accent to bright white. Classy looking.

Nikki and Geoff; next time you go to remove tape from masked off areas, heat it with a hair dryer first. It will loosen the glue and the tape will pull right off and leave the paint ;)

Happy Hump Day!

Alice

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Morning all!!

Been super busy with work and baseball season lately. I don't know what I'm gonna do when my twins start playing sports too??? And NO, I will not be driving a minivan!!:funny: My son plays farm league (7,8,9 yr olds) and they just won the opening round playoff game. It's not an "official" playoffs - more just for fun for the kids. Trenton (he turned 7 in March) pitched the 4th & 5th innings to close the game out. He struck out 4 batters in 2 innings!! Noooooo, I'm not bragging, just a proud daddy!;) If they can win tomorrow, they play in the finals Saturday at closing ceremonies!! He should get to pitch that day if they make it.

Everyone have a great hump day! It's half done for all us M-Fers, right Alice!;)

-Big Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.