The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have found a solution for when I have to leave for college again at the end of summer! It will only be up for today for testing, but once I find an older computer to run it, it will be on 24/7. Figure'd I'd show ya'll, keep in mind its just temporary for today.

Matt's Reef Tank

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
cool, iwas onna do that for my camping trip, and pick up a wireless connector for my laptop, figured i was going overboard on the paranoia issue :)

so, who will be taking care of the tank in your absence?

btw: great quality on the camera too.

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
SWEET! now I can have a tank at work to look at :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. My parents take care of my tank while I'm gone. They do a great job, I trust them with it. They have a 120 gallon reef as well, so they know the deal.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Heck, now I can sell all my equipment and forget all this darn stand building garbage..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like it. The quality on the cam is pretty good and i like the fact that it refreshes alot. Some cams refresh so slow that it is almost painful to watch.

I want to do this with my tank in the future.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
It was very dark for me to see anything! Probably just me!:(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha, sorry... Lights go out at 7:00pm est. I will have it back up and running as soon as I find a computer to run it when I take mine to school. Does anyone have an old computer they may want to sell?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
paul if you havea decent server, webcam32 is a very good program. or if you havea server that supports windows media, you could always go with windows media encoder.

·
Super Moderator
27,677 Posts
Bummer, Matt. the cam is off line now :( I'll try again tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts