The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Retired Wanderer
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone. Halfway through my second shift with a couple days off on the horizon. Bombed yesterday making a couple of decisions that had me called too nice and not gutsy enough in my decision making. Lots of people worked very hard to smooth the rough edges, but now they will be planed down a little to suit this role.

Making parts and running machines like they are going out of style today. My sidekick works harder than I do out there, and we just crank out all the stuff that has to be done fast and cleanly. She has that eagle eye that can spot stuff from across the floor that is wrong.

Denise was worried about her new job for a couple of days, and now is at double the rate of good parts for someone there a month. Pretty good first week.

Another place I almost went to wants to talk again, and they have a money truck this time. It might be worth a couple of hours to have a dialog given this new information.

Coffee is on, and it is 8 here. Hopefully with the exception of maybe Jeff it is warmer where everyone else is. Enjoy your hump day.

Shark..but a friendly one
Top of the morning Perry, and All pulling their chairs up to the Training Table with Us.....HAPPY WEDNESDAY! The 'cold' is now slowly, steadily creeping it's way this direction also......will get up to 39 today, but slip way on down into the Brrrrrrr's for the foreseeable future.

The food chain of life/corporations is vicious.......Presidents sacrifice the generals who got them there........and sadly, ("?"), 'HISTORY GOES TO THE VICTORS'! Keep your head on a swivel and back to a wall Pal. And hopefully it's just the right amount of BS to be good fertilizer rather than just THAT. ("Can I say THAT?.... 馃 .....THAT could easily mean a B.S. Degree if'n I can't.;)")

Slept like a rock.......ACTUALLY plum passed out about 7:00 last night with a case of the screaming chills.....either from working in the garage all day without the heater on, or a wayward sick/chill passing through quickly.......and slept like a zombie till 5:00 this morning....UNINTERRUPTED!

Coffee is up, and tummy is hankering for a PB+J on Buttermilk waffles. Another day, another trip to the hardware store. Today the 6' Pine box should look like a 9-GUN cabinet than a 'coffin'.馃榿

'Life is good'........Let's go look for it,
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Perry, Hack, and all of TRT!

Yummy on the coffee and waffles with PB&J, Hack. I鈥檒l add nanners and oranges.

Perry - It鈥檚 hard to imagine you not being gutsy enough with your decision making. Now that you know... go for it!

Congrats to Denise for being able to increase her productivity!

Hack - Yay with the full night鈥檚 sleep. I hope your chills were a one night thing. From here you sound pretty good.馃お馃

As for the BS, I think you鈥檙e ok. Just don鈥檛 mention anything about a bachelor of music degree. ;)

Jeff - Wheeee on the 6鈥 Mt Scruffy, complete with snow steps. Someone had fun making that mountain and steps. You or Blyth have to take a photo of Scruffy up there. Purty pleze?

Good to hear that Butters is finished with having so many teeth being pulled. And horrified that another doxie in rescue is 30 pounds! Eek!

As for exceeding your grocery list.... that is part of the human condition.馃槀

Bobbi went to her Walgreens to pick up an Rx, and asked if they would be giving Covid vaccines. She said she tried searching about on their website, but it was so bad that she gave the site a D+. The clerk said she should give it an F because it is terrible! Hahaha
She was told that they will start giving Covid vaccines on 2/17, AND the website will be upgraded. Hallelujah!

Lots of love and hugs and oeace to everyone!

Administrator
Good Morning Everyone. Another typical cold dark morn, not sure if it will get decent later,
Delivery day, beer and groceries so it should be hopping. Hope the day treats everyone well

Retired Wanderer
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting morning. Inherited a plant that looked like 400 people had a house party at an Air BnB rental. Halfway through the shift I took some photos, and copied HR to ask why everyone was in their car or the punch out line when they could be reducing the carnage. This resulted in a serious dressing down by my new boss. Everyone always thinks I am nice.

After a few hours at home, I sent him a text stating that I will move on and they really need a professional manufacturing supervisor. That started quite a hubbub, and meeting with the top two guys Friday. Additionally I invited them to come see how the sausage is made late at night (don't dress up). I want to lead my people my way, who by the way set a shift record in output with zero quality defects last night. Sooner or later someone will notice.

Done talking shop. Time to rip out some walls in the basement, then take a nap.

Super Moderator
Good for you, Perry! That sure did get people鈥檚 attention!馃憦馃憦

When all the smoke clears Perry I hope all the best for You.......For the PLANT, I haven't decided.

Spent the day in the shop, and only hit HD and Lowe's once.....thank you very much. Ordered the glass for the door on our project......though in stock, they're fairly busy, and hope to have it cut for me by Friday......FINGERS CROSSED. Tomorrow will be dedicated to hole filling, and sanding......MAYBE we can stain .......maybe. 20210210_181843_resized.jpg 20210210_181826_resized.jpg 20210210_181805_resized.jpg
The progress on the 9-Gun 'coffin'......

Last of the Ham sandwiches and potato salad for dinner offerings around here. Jen's turn to be chilled to the bone, and has climbed under the covers. Hack's with his pose hot on the game trail ......so leaves me channel flipping. Think I'll give that 2016 film Free State of Jones with Mathew McConaughey ......been meaning to, just haven't gotten to it.....MAY GET TO IT tonight.

Hope wonderful stuff is surrounding All,
Hack

Super Moderator
Evening all,

As usual a dog started my day for me,, but in his defense it was probably due to my coffeemaker timer going on and coffee making sounds n smell that got today's alarm clock going. Hardly ever wake up to coffee being ready,, Will adjust the timer to fire up things a bit later ,, which only means I'll be over riding it like I do most mornings,,,

Sluggo'd out most of the day, was not feeling "it". What times I was outside the cold got to me, and could never feel warm otherwise. oh well.

Cath, will post a pic of Scruffy on his mountain when I get to my phone,, don't have any of this year's , yet. My phone has been wonky the last few days, not opening up apps when called upon, or shutting down and restarting when it wants to, so now current pics of the bigger, better snow mountain.

Foster long dog Butters is doing great IMO post dental, and will continue of his excess extra dog he's packing on his frame. His skin looks to be "sloppy"/ loose but the real tale will be the scale numbers.

On to the evening,,,,,

Hope everyone had a great day!

Super Moderator
I stand corrected Cath, I did take pics of this years Mt. Scruffy. Although the pics are of the first pile o snow collected, the current one is even taller and wider in girth with steps/levels for Scruffy to ascend (He鈥檇 never make it to the top as it is now, even in his prime , heheh, hence the assembly assist ) 36674817-85A3-420F-9C16-D8532B9F3AD2.jpeg 759E2354-170B-422D-9981-6C011D0C423D.jpeg 8CF5C884-A19C-4F76-995D-A8DD4ACF3A7B.jpeg

Super Moderator
Thanks for your photos, Hack and Jeff! That鈥檚 what I鈥檓 sayin鈥!

Hack -The wood working you and Nate are going is look great! That scroll work at the top is a nice touch. What color are you going to stain it?
I can鈥檛 get over how tall

I hope Jen is feeling better tomorrow. You two get a long winter鈥檚 nap tonight.

Jeff - Scruffy looks like the old man of the mountain standing on his mountain with all that snow on him too. Great photos.

Nitee nite, all.

Super Moderator
Jeff - Scruffy looks like the old man of the mountain standing on his mountain with all that snow on him too. Great photos.
Yeah Cath, over the last few years Scruffy has become more "lightened " around the eye and muzzle. Blyth said he is taking after his dad,,,my response usually is that I did not go white/gray until I met/married here,, my story-sticking to it, heheh.

Dunno what it is that draws Scruff to a pile of snow, but all we have to say is "up" and he is, surveying his land and watching for interlopers from a higher vantage point.Along with catching and eating small hunks of snow tossed in his direction. He enjoys it so much , I can't deny him of that for him.

Will try to get current pics of the snow mass growing in the back yard,,,

Yummy on the coffee and waffles with PB&J, Hack. I鈥檒l add nanners and oranges.

Perry - It鈥檚 hard to imagine you not being gutsy enough with your decision making. Now that you know... go for it!
Top of the morning krnxganster4k, and WELCOME TO TRT! Glad you pulled up a chair with us today.....ALL are welcome around this 'social gathering......leaning more towards getting to know eachother through daily interactions, more that the typical 'REEF TANK' talk in the rest of the forum. Helps foster a degree of confidence in a member's opinion when you get to 'know them a little more' rather than just 'joe-smoe'.

And you posted in the right place, just wrong Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing you around 'The Table',
Hack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts