The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the response I had gotten from PetSolutions...

(snip)Dear Andrew,

Thanks to everyone who responded to our recent email special including the Famous Movie Package. We at Petsolutions promote responsible aquarium keeping and understand that these are not just objects, buy living animals. While we want to encourage people that owning an aquarium can be a very rewarding hobby it does come with a great amount of responsibility.

Since we specialize in the aquatics area we certainly take the care of any species we sell, as well as the long-term health of our oceans, very seriously. To that end we have removed this offering from our website.

Again, we greatly appreciate your input and encourage you to contact us in the future. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us [email protected] or at 800-737-3868.

Sincerely

Howard Pinsky
Petsolutions Catalog Manager

(/snip)

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Thanks Buzz. I'm very glad to see that - and glad you (and others, it sounds like) took the time to let the company know how the reefing community feels about it.

Danielle

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
:eek:

Wow!

All I can say is, they must have received a heap of criticism!

Jenn

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ditto, I remmeber reading the thread about the <>< combo for sale then this thread. FAST FAST FAST....

-Paul

·
Administrator
47,660 Posts
Woo Hoo that really RAWKS DUDE :D

Juat got back from the theatre and seeing it :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
totally dude. it's so cool!

i'm glad to know i hada part in that :)

later duuudes

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sweet! I left them a little comment about that deal as well. I am glad they did the right thing!

Andrew

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah..... unfortunately I think it was the mention of "boycot" that perked their ears up...

Regardless though, we got the job done... Kudos to everyone who let them know how they felt... :beer:

·
Super Moderator
22,410 Posts
Way ta go BH!:beer: :dance:
so far , i have not received reply from PS, but glad to hear they removed the promotion , as it was offered,,,
:beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Super Moderator
22,410 Posts
update:
Got my email from PS today,,,,same thing,,,,,
they did the right thing,,,and i just emailed them for doing that,,,:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts