The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay then-here is my 55g project tank-- I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I have. The pictures posted is the first for me. I will try to get more in. I have the new canon A620 like Steve and still learning

Well here is a brief synopisis:

I got the tank from a neighbor about a year ago. Actually it started with a 65 hex. I likes this shape better as I had a 55g saltwater tank in highschool back in 1990. I just love to have a piece of the ocean right in your house and preserving it the best way you can.

its a 55g AGA RR
Custom fit T5 with SLR reflecters, waterproof endcaps and overdriven by the Ice cap 660 with heatsink- Icecap variable speed with temp control 4Inch fan mounted in Canopy.
48" 28 led moonlight
oak stand and canopy
custom sump with built-in refugium- about 40 gallons- uses about 35g constantly- 51000k clip on bulb over the cheato and refuge section of sump. tons of copapods and amphipods in there. snails, live sand, base rock with algae.

live stock

hippo tang- small
coral beauty- had about a year
target mandarin
lawn mower blenny--he is a trip-- check the pictures:freak:
orange diamond sand sifting goby
sand sifting star
orange linkia
cleaner shrimp
numerous hermits and snails--Id say about 50 or more
black brittle star

corals
Large frogspawn
toadstool frags
numerous zoos-- love um
you name it, pink, red bullseye, neon green, mixed max skirts, light blue, brown, red, orange, lime eyes, teal eyes, bright red with green centers
numerous button polyps
Brown with green dot center PPES
Red/white striped micromussa
merlitti blasto- about 40 heads
several other blastos
numerous yumas
red, blue, purple shrooms
blue ricordia
devils hand
large hairy mushrooms
green tip acro
orange cap
green bubble tips
GSP
green welsy brain

I am sure there is more but I am tires. Enjoy everyone.

a

Attachments

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
heres a few more.. oh yeah I forgot I have xenia taking over the elongated brown on the top back glass and pom poms. And since I got the t-5 setup they are going crazy as well as the zoos. Anybody want some, let me know!

The tank picture shows the retro t5 setup-- Obviosly a 125g wont fit in that area, but I have my office in the 4th bedroom that will house a 240g, if I wanted to go that high. I think 125g is all I can contend with:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
ReefNeck knows of someone that has a 150g (tank only - non reef ready) near Daytona for $200. If you (or anyone else) is interested send a PM to Reefneck.

·
Not the LFS.......
460 Posts
Nice looking tank. Are those T-5's in the tank picture? For some reason they look to big for t-5's, could just be the picture angle. Anyways, the tank looks great and keep the pictures coming.

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes ocnreef just 4 t-5s with the icecap slr reflectors, endcaps and standoffs. I am thinking about moving them over to fit two more bulbs and add an icecap 430 to my staple. The new t5 super actinic was just release. I ordered two of them from Premium aquatics and hopeflly will have them in a week or so.

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
those t5 pars are starting to bleach out my acros and affecting my frogspawn. I had to place them at the bottom to see if they can adjust.

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Did you get the new uvi/uri super actinics in yet? I got to know how they look/how they compare to the vho's. I actually use the vho uri super actinic to suppliment my t5's :)

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not yet bro. I was on a two week vacation and I called them today and they will have a tracking # fior me tommorow. I should be able to post pictures this weekened.

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE: I got the new UVI super actinic t5s as well as the Super Actinic White. I will try to post befroe and After pictures. After about 2 weeks, I see my colors popping more and will snap some photos. I know my orange cap is growing like a darn weed and it now growing on the rock. My zoos, well I have had to move a few around because it appears that the light is too much for the more colorful ones. The babyblues are growing likes weeds though. Oh well, its a work in progress.

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See I need to grow the tar out of these frags so I can tell my wife its time for a much bigger tank:) Heck we got the room, she just aint a reef nut like me!

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Waynesworld said:
See I need to grow the tar out of these frags so I can tell my wife its time for a much bigger tank:) Heck we got the room, she just aint a reef nut like me!

I can relate, so good luck :funny:

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
more new pictures

O.k. I love the t5s, here are some pictures of the corals and growth.

Oh well cant get pictures loaded good just yet. I will try again later./

1 - 20 of 36 Posts