The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone. Posting early to avoid another collision like yesterday.

Got dog duty as my roommate went back to Florida for a day. She is handling an estate for a friend that passed, and it is the most thankless thing ever with a horrible moneygrubbing family involved. They hired a lawyer that is always in trouble with the judge. The bottomfeeder is determined to just enhance his own fees with stupid stuff. My recommendation to report him to the bar has not been acted on, but this is not my war.

A liizard hitchhiked from Orlando in the U Haul trailer when she moved here. He is missing from his box, so I think she is going to repatriate him this trip. Not sure if he is hiding somewhere or declared as a therapy pet on the airline.

Work is great. My boss is a lady, and she is fantastic. I blazed through the four days of indoc reading in two and get to get down to work today. Nice to be back in the comfort zone. I can't really go into heavy detail as it is proprietary. No heavy bumpers, trips through Newark or pool heaters anyway.

Coffee is on. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Top of the morning Perry, and glad to hear all is groovy at your end......and a BIG HAPPY WEDNESDAY TO ALL!

Coffee is up, and splurged with a scrambled egg sandwich as I spent the past hour watching 'videoed' Artemis I launch from the comfort of my home.

48F heading all the way to 50, with rain at the moment.

Let's All hope for some really nifty things today, and share,
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good mawnin’, Perry, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, guys! I’m going to follow up with what Hack started. Let’s have homemade egg McMuffins. I’ll make mine without the meat portion. Will also have oatmeat with fixings to warm up your engines.

Perry, you’re off to a great start with your new workplace. Your boss sounds like the right kind of person for her job.
About that lizard, I bet he would not be very happy in the northern part of the United States. He would definitely need a heat lamp.

Hack, I hope your day is on the smooth side, although smooth in your line of work is different from other jobs. In any case, I’m sure you’ll keep it groovy.

41 here, with dense fog, and climbing up to 55. First thing I’m going to do is go to the immediate care. I hope I don’t have a two hour wait. But so be it. I am feeling better in regards to my cold. And my SI joint doesn’t hurt so much today. Looking forward to the PT appointment this afternoon.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Good morning Perry, Hack, Cath and all,
Still cool here but fry for now and the next few days. I really don’t like the cold. Also if anyone has or is thinking about a standup propane patio heater. HD has Hampton bay 48,000 btu units on sale with free delivery for 99 dollars. Normally 199.00.
Well we discussed with Jacob last night about have Thanksgiving here at our house. It will be for our family and Gabi’s family. Even though I don’t really eat I want to do the turkeys. Have a great hump day.

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
Hello all. Quiet here for the moment. Chasing contractors all day. The forecast is talking about the first winter storm of the season this weekend. Looks like we will get a foot or so, Buffalo is 20 miles away and could get over 2 feet. They always get it bad being on the end of the lake. I will be getting the snow blower out when I get home and doing a quick service on it - I have found that is the best way to ensure you don't need it.

Have a great day.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just cold no snow in our forecast.

woohoo, they had McRibs at McDonald’s

· Super Moderator
24,430 Posts
Almost end of morning greetings all,

Perry , glad to hear the new gig is suiting you 👍🏼.

decided today was the day to replace front rotors and brake pads all around in the truck,,, had the parts here for a while ,, of course I pick a day of blustery and light snow in the air. Also glad I can work in a heated spot in the shop here.
Of course the brake pads were WRONG,,, part of the ongoing issues trying to find parts for it . Took a old pad with me to NAPA,,, they put the box on the counter,,, opened it and voila, also not the right ones. The counter lady looked up a model year newer than the truck,, and presto , the right parts( of course not in stock ,, sigh) went into town and tried the new auto parts chain store,,, also not in stock , but will be in, inna couple hours. I’ll have to settle on waiting a bit.

welcome to my life n luck .

hope everyone is having a great day 👍🏼

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good afternoon, gents!

Ugh Doug and Jeff auto with repairs and parts availability woes. That makes for frustrating days, especially when you’ve set aside time to do the work.

When I was at the urgent care this morning and getting my belongings together to leave the examination room, another employee was ushering in a new patient to that room. The NP that was helping me scolded that other employee in front of me and the other patient. I don’t like that at all. What the NP said was true, but it should have been said in a different way, and not in front of patients. I was embarrassed. I’m going to see if there’s a way that I can mention that on evaluation email that I received.

Off to PT in a mninute.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You would have been horrified at my last job Cath. Managers would rip others to shreds in front of everyone.

Got very nice comments from my new job’s President today. Think I finally landed.

My roommate lands from Florida at 1 am. She was going to take the train home. It is freezing and dangerous to boot. I’ll get her at the airport.

Enjoy your evening.

Reactions: hackshobby and cath

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
NEVER AIR LAUNDRY IN PUBLIC! :mad:

Hope the you keep riding the wave Perry.......we're rooting for you Bro!

Glad the aches n pains are falling astern Cath.....unless of course you begin to get butt pains.:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Seeing that none sense more and more Jeff with the supply chain all broken to pieces for the past few years. A few hour wait is regrettable, but were seeing YEARS in the boating industry......YEARS! People are leaving the activity because of supply and fuel issues......diesel around here is over $6.00/gal, and you get these boats that take 1500 gallons to fill.....uh yeah, there goes my pay check!:p 'Working class' pleasure boating/recreational fishing is going to become a thing of the past I fear. Between costs, supply, regulations, and inflation......don't leave a lot of room for enjoyment.

SNOWBALL FIGHT at Rick's! Cath, grab the HOT CHOCOLATE. Unfair, He's got the high ground.....

Liverwurst on hard rolls and HOT Cream of Potato soup to warm the cockles. Looks like a game of cards lies ahead round here.....there goes my Coral fund.

Peace and optimism for All,
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Hack, I give you two gold stars ⭐⭐ for turning that post of yours from justified complaints into something fun for this evening.
Hot chocolate you say? I am envisioning the hot chocolate served on the Polar Xpress! To round out that snowball fight.
I think you’re playing your hand very close, Hack. I bet you can beat Nate tonight.

Sounds like a groovy night is brewing.

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
As soon as I read your first post Cath I was off to find that same video I just saw you already posted. (y) Nate went through 5 of those discs we watched that SOOOOOO OFTEN.

Sunday Hack and I played chess and I can no longer beat him.....at least on THAT day, and most recently. He's quicker, sharper, better eye sight, and he has insight. All of which I find falling on the side of the road off this old frame of mine.
And at cards.....POKER.....I recall beating Him once in recent memory, but think He just had an off night.
One must know their own strengths and weakness ......you can't win on knowing your strength alone.

Hack

1 - 16 of 16 Posts